• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

97.7 TOSOTR Off the Air...Again

RadioDoogie

Leading Participant
I noticed the 97.1HD3 feed is still up and running. I keep thinking everytime this happens that maybe just maybe they are moving to the new 92.5 translator next to Infinite Arena. I am wrong again. However, I see the translator on 92.5 that rebroadcasts WVFJ 93.3 could possibly interfere with this new translator. The JOYFM translator comes in pretty decent up in Duluth.

I'm sure the Gwinnett Gladiators and the Gwinnett Strippers aren't enthused about their flagship station being off the air...is this an opportunity for WDUN to take the PXP for both back from Cox?

http://www.atlantagladiators.com/multimedia/listen-live/

The Strippers don't even list TOSOTR as their flagship anymore, but they do have a link to the wsbradio.com website.

According to their FaceBook page, 97.7 is back on the air. I noticed the FCC CP to move to 92.5 has been taken down. I cannot see how it could be on the air at the same time as JoyFM’s Lilburn translator at 92.5.

According to their FaceBook page, 97.7 is back on the air. I noticed the FCC CP to move to 92.5 has been taken down. I cannot see how it could be on the air at the same time as JoyFM’s Lilburn translator at 92.5.

92.5 was a displacement channel for 97.7 and the FCC permit to move 97.7 to 92.5 expired. It was granted because WMGZ 97.7 in Eatonton, GA filed to move to Lexington, GA, just outside of Athens, and the 97.7 translator would have caused interference to WMGZ operating outside of Athens so the 97.7 translator was being displaced by WMGZ move. The construction permit for 97.7 to move to 92.5 was allowed to expire and later WMGZ withdrew its request to build a facility at Lexington. WVFJ meanwhile bought Toccoa Falls College's radio station group which included a 92.1 translator at Lilburn. They moved that translator from 92.1 to 92.5. So, Cox's translator will remain on 97.7. It looks like 97.7 came with the 93.5 translator which Cox bought from one of Art Sutton's companies. It now repeats WALR from its location high up on the WSRV tower. Looks like it has as good of coverage as a Class A 6KW FM. Shame Cox didn't request the 92.5 permit be placed on hold til the WMGZ matter was resolved but they didn't. The FCC database still shows WMGZ still has a Lexington, GA city of license but they continue operating in Eatonton.

WMGZ was somewhat listenable with TOSOTR off air. Big FM - all 80s. I’ve noticed W249CK seems stronger since being back on air. Seems a lot clearer and goes out a longer distance than before.

92.5 was a displacement channel for 97.7 and the FCC permit to move 97.7 to 92.5 expired. It was granted because WMGZ 97.7 in Eatonton, GA filed to move to Lexington, GA, just outside of Athens, and the 97.7 translator would have caused interference to WMGZ operating outside of Athens so the 97.7 translator was being displaced by WMGZ move. The construction permit for 97.7 to move to 92.5 was allowed to expire and later WMGZ withdrew its request to build a facility at Lexington. WVFJ meanwhile bought Toccoa Falls College's radio station group which included a 92.1 translator at Lilburn. They moved that translator from 92.1 to 92.5. So, Cox's translator will remain on 97.7. It looks like 97.7 came with the 93.5 translator which Cox bought from one of Art Sutton's companies. It now repeats WALR from its location high up on the WSRV tower. Looks like it has as good of coverage as a Class A 6KW FM. Shame Cox didn't request the 92.5 permit be placed on hold til the WMGZ matter was resolved but they didn't. The FCC database still shows WMGZ still has a Lexington, GA city of license but they continue operating in Eatonton.

The 92.5 signal is a huge upgrade. 92.1 from the church in Lilburn went about 6 blocks.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom