Prediction of service area and of interference FM radio broadcast station

Thread: Prediction of service area and of interference FM radio broadcast station

Prediction of service area and of interference FM radio broadcast station

In predicting the distance to the field strength contours (EXTENT OF FIELD) “F (50, 50) FM CHANNELS FIELD INTENSITY CHART” (FCC) can be used (FCC website). The chart is based on an ERP of one kilowatt.

What I don't understand is for example I have a radio frequency of 103.3Mhz - based on the freq. chart I have the first adjacency (200 kHz) of 103.5Mhz located 25km from my station.

How do I calculate for 60dBu or 80dBu? (extent of fields) and their aggregate (in km)?

The online calculator of FCC is only based on ERP of 1kW. Can anyone share me a link for the formula or other sources, much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by deancache View Post
    ... The online calculator of FCC is only based on ERP of 1kW. Can anyone share me a link for the formula or other sources, much appreciated.
    Below is a link to an FCC on-line calculator that will do what you ask (see clip):

LINK: https://www.fcc.gov/media/radio/fm-and-tv-propagation-curves

Thank you rfry. The only thing I need to find now is the aggregate, anyone has any idea?

Quote Originally Posted by deancache View Post
    ... The only thing I need to find now is the aggregate, anyone has any idea?
    Exactly what is meant by the term "aggregate" used in this context?

Small rocks?