Do lower charting songs make good recurrents/golds? - Page 12
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Do lower charting songs make good recurrents/golds?

No, this format does not rotate 1500-2000 songs. My wife complains she hears Hall and Oates too much. I am in a position to know as a regular (but not hours at a time) listener.

Quote Originally Posted by oldies76 View Post
    Who says 10K songs? All you really need is about 1500 or so. But, it sure beats the heck out of some others. Don't need a geek format, just a station that knows what they're doing.....and doing it right.
    Still, these stations are not getting the kind of ratings that KRTH and WCBS are getting, and there's a reason for that.

Moderator/Co-Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by oldies76 View Post
    Who says 10K songs? All you really need is about 1500 or so. But, it sure beats the heck out of some others. Don't need a geek format, just a station that knows what they're doing.....and doing it right. This station is along those lines, I believe. Hippie is another. They're out there, waiting to be discovered.
    This station is on a nationally distributed syndicated format... what we used to call a "satellite" format. It has a playlist comparable to that of larger market classic hits stations, meaning a core of around 800 songs and some cycled songs that come in and out.

You can't build a library of 1,500 songs because, from the era they played, there are not that many songs that are still hits.
    www.americanradiohistory.com
    Broadcasting Magazine and Yearbooks, RCA Broadcast News, Television Magazine, Radio Annual, Radio News, Sponsor, Television/Radio Age, R&R, Duncan's American Radio, M Street Directory, Broadcast Engineering, db, and more.

Quote Originally Posted by tall_guy1 View Post
    Actually, there's a lower charting one I'm referring to with the same title by the artist Kiesha (not to be confused with Ke$ha.)
    "Hide Away" is by Daya.
    "Hideaway" is by Kiesza. (Big difference; one is American, the other Canadian.)

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112