• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Format Changes for January 1 2018

Each time I glance -- admittedly in a casual way -- at the NYC ratings, I see even the lowest-rated stations keeping what they're doing. There must be a reason other than obstinacy that a station would subscribe to get a 0.3.

As well, NYC seems to have all the big bases covered, much as Philly has. WINS = KYW, WNSH = WXTU, WFAN = WIP, WLTW = WBEB, WWPR = WUSL, etc.

If anything, there'll probably be tweaking here and there. There may even be a flip-flop of AM to FM. Imho, though, it's gonna take some fantastic new format to tempt some company to part with what they've got now.

I just have to wonder with Entercom's acquisition of the CBS radio stations, I can't rule out changes (even small ones) at any of the stations - if I was a gambling lady, my money's either on 101.9 or 92.3 doing something - and 101.1??? Hmmmm.......after all, this IS NY radio... :)

Entercom has maxed out so WINS cannot legally move to 99.5 FM. I do predict that finally something will happen at 99.5 FM as Pacifica is so deeply in debt.

Entercom has maxed out so WINS cannot legally move to 99.5 FM. I do predict that finally something will happen at 99.5 FM as Pacifica is so deeply in debt.

The overall Pacifica debt (for all five stations) is only $8 million. They think they can cover that by the end of the year.

Entercom doesn't own TV stations, so their cap is eight AM & FM stations, no more than five of which can be in the same service. They can buy one more FM.

Does anyone think WQXR might try to get 99.5 so they can return to a full power signal at ESB?

WBAI finally dies and WINS moves to 99.5 FM

Even if (and that's a HUGE IF) for some reason 99.5 became available, why would Entercom move WINS? Sure, it's on an AM, but it's getting tremendous numbers now. It would be foolish to spend the money.

I’m saying if WNSH moves to 99.5. They would not interfere with WEZN Bridgeport 99.9 or WPLR New Haven 99.1.

I’m saying if WNSH moves to 99.5.

They can't move to 99.5 because it's not for sale and won't be any time soon.

In addition, the company that owns WNSH has filed for bankruptcy, and is in no position to buy any radio stations.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom