• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

December 2017 Ratings

umfan

Star Participant
https://ratings.radio-online.com/cgi-bin/rol.exe/arb011

No big shock that WNIC led the way resoundingly with an 11.8 rating. WOMC was a distant second. WCSX, The Ticket and WWJ rounded out the Top 5. All but one in the Top 10 besides WNIC and WOMC saw a drop from the last period as listeners flocked to Christmas music. THe Lions lackluster performance led WJR out of the Top 10. NASH managed to hold steady against a significant drop for WYCD.

It's on an upward trend...not that it means anything.

What would they flip to? Alt? Their format of choice?

Why Alt? Never before have I seen a market with not one, not even two, but THREE alt rockers. I'm counting CIMX because I've seen stuff on their Instagram page of them at Detroit events, not to mention that their location on their Twitter profile says "Windsor/Detroit". That being said, their ratings are lackluster. Less than a 1% share in Windsor, not anywhere in Detroit. Maybe they could flip to Virgin and then 98.7 could flip to alternative -- maybe even "98X"?

Last edited:
AC would be a welcome, but surprising, flip considering how unfriendly it is in the demos. To my knowledge, the station has yet to flip. Had I answered your question before the Radio Insight article, Mike, I would've stated that I thought a flip was unlikely despite the so-so performance of AMP. Perhaps Entercom feels it can sell AC in Detroit and be a viable competitor to WNIC. It might be the sign of the difference between a station owned by a radio company and one owned by a large media conglomerate.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom