• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

98.5 The Sports Hub’s On-Air Schedule listings....

mysticnitekatt

Frequent Participant
...Hasn't been updated again this week. (Last listed date is Dec 22)

Ever since Beasley took over they have been a little sloppy in keeping it up to date.

CBS shows are now just listed as "CBS Sports Radio" as well.

Er,there are still the Bruins,Celtics and Patriots games airing (especially nights the Celts are on the alternate channel) so there is no excuse for not keeping the listings up to date. Weei has no problem keeping it's FM and AM listings up to date.

Er,there are still the Bruins,Celtics and Patriots games airing (especially nights the Celts are on the alternate channel) so there is no excuse for not keeping the listings up to date. Weei has no problem keeping it's FM and AM listings up to date.

But WEEI was not just picked up by a new owner. Since the only website they have for now is the CBS Local site (read: a DIFFERENT owner), maybe they aren't in communication with WBZ-TV to update it. Maybe they're working on a new website to debut in January. The timing of the finalization of these deals came at a point where a majority of people in a various departments throughout most companies are on vacation. Not ideal to not have a properly maintained website, but not the most egregious thing either.

I think you're following the old link. The old Sports Hub link goes to CBSlocal, which is not the Sports Hub site.

The new site is here: https://985thesportshub.com/

It looks pretty updated to me.

Well, look at that! It appears Beasley has done a better job than I thought. Although, they need to work on getting that link to the top of a Google search as the old CBS Local links first; the new website was 5th down the page.

Some old CBS stations are still using the CBSlocal platform. I notice that WFAN in NY is still on that domain, and is still listed among the CBS-owned stations, along with WINS and WCBS-AM. The music stations are using the Entercom-owned radio.com domain. But in Boston, CBSlocal is strictly the TV site, and those are the only stations listed on its header.

WBCN went the way of the dodo. Makes sense as Beasley owns WBOS. There really wasn't a point for an automated HD-2 that pretty much played most of the same music. Personally, I'd be for flipping Alt 92.9 into a revised Free Form WBCN, but they don't program radio stations just for me.

WBCN went the way of the dodo. Makes sense as Beasley owns WBOS. There really wasn't a point for an automated HD-2 that pretty much played most of the same music. Personally, I'd be for flipping Alt 92.9 into a revised Free Form WBCN, but they don't program radio stations just for me.

It is true that the WBCN HD2 channel went away because of ownership, but not because of other stations Beasley owns. It went away because the WBCN HD2 content was the intellectual property of CBS Radio and that content is now property of Entercom. Sub-channel content is not part of these sales and/or mergers.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom