El Pequeño? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: El Pequeño?

Quote Originally Posted by strangelove View Post
    Tonight for the first time...WLW...and...WGN...were coming in like local stations on my car stereo.
    I guess Broward's loss is the midwest's gain.
    Support, support, support their sponsors!
    (if it was during the experimental period after midnight,
    maybe WLW was firing up their old half-megawatt transmitter!)
    Ai4i has Always Been on the Trailing Edge of Technology!

Moderator/Co-Administrator
    Tonight for the first time 700 WLW Cincinnati and 720 WGN Chicago were coming in like local stations on my car stereo. I guess Broward's loss is the midwest's gain.
    There is an STA in effect, I believe, to allow much lower power operation while the site is being moved and diplexed into the WQBA towers.
    www.americanradiohistory.com
    Broadcasting Magazine and Yearbooks, Billboard, Cash Box, R&R, Record World, Music & Media, Audio, Television/Radio Age, R&R, Duncan's American Radio, Popular Electronics, Studio Sound, Broadcast Engineering, db, and more.

Tonight for the first time 700 WLW Cincinnati and 720 WGN Chicago were coming in like local stations on my car stereo. I guess Broward's loss is the midwest's gain.
    Maybe you could pick them up because it's so damn cold in the North that even the radio waves wanted to get to where it's warm.

A picture was snapped and it looks like that old 1960's anti-war song,
    "Where have all the towers gone?".
    Ai4i has Always Been on the Trailing Edge of Technology!

710 and 1140 are much clearer for tonight's Heat game here in SW Broward compared to previous nights. Did they crank up the power at the end of the move of WAQI to WQBA's site?

Moderator/Co-Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by capefish1 View Post
    710 and 1140 are much clearer for tonight's Heat game here in SW Broward compared to previous nights. Did they crank up the power at the end of the move of WAQI to WQBA's site?
    WQBA was operating at reduced power during the diplexing work to combine 710 and 1140. WAQI began with lower power, and then was raised to the licensed level.
    www.americanradiohistory.com
    Broadcasting Magazine and Yearbooks, Billboard, Cash Box, R&R, Record World, Music & Media, Audio, Television/Radio Age, R&R, Duncan's American Radio, Popular Electronics, Studio Sound, Broadcast Engineering, db, and more.

Glad they finished the work and the signal is back. I had been using 107.5's HD 2 simulcast of 710 to tune into games. They also have 1140 on 107.5-HD3. Works great in my car!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12