• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

In Case You Missed It, iHeartMedia has now operated KZOK and KJAQ.

To correct Notalent's observation:
KZOK's HD2 changed on the day iHeart came into possession. It's no longer Deep Tracks but is now billed as "rock 102 Point 5." Some newer Metallica and similar with a few "classic rock" tracks mixed in (mainly Zeppelin, but I did hear Janis Joplin's "Mercedes Benz" song which seemed very out of place.)
Not even close in quality to the prior HD2 format, but it's not like anyone's listening anyway except for radio geeks.

Does anyone have the streaming url for the HD2? I had the previous steaming url saved so I could listen directly through iTunes on my computer.

Also in case you missed it, KEUB 93.3 Gearhart, Oregon is billing themselves as the ALL NEW KUBE 93.3 with a pop music mix.

The new Alt 105.7 WRDA in Atlanta just added 'The Woody Show' to mornings beginning 1/3/18. Again, I'm hoping iHeart doesn't evict Jack from his 12-year roost on 96.5 mHz but who knows. iHeart is rapidly adding this show to alternative and rock stations to make a profit and widen his audience.

Also in case you missed it, KEUB 93.3 Gearhart, Oregon is billing themselves as the ALL NEW KUBE 93.3 with a pop music mix.

That's interesting because various Seattle FMs regularly extend into that area of the Oregon coast, so people just might be familiar with KUBE.

I posted earlier about KZOK's Hd2. My post was accurate when I made it, but "rock 102.5" has been evolving, with more classic rock and less newer stuff.
It's not the pre-iHeart format, but it's much closer to it than it was. Nice to hear Girls Talk by Dave Edmunds there, one of my favorites.
On the first iHeart day I found the HD2 format almost unlistenable (just a taste thing; some would have loved it.) But in my view, it's improving.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom