• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

In Case You Missed It, iHeartMedia has now operated KZOK and KJAQ.

Radio Radio Listener

Regular Participant
It's official. iHeartMedia has now taken over operations of 102.5 KZOK and 96.5 Jack FM as KFNY and KTDD are now placed in the Ocean States Trust.

The first thing iHeart should do is find a new voice for KZOK now that Beau Roberts in no longer with us.

They leave his voicers there are a tribute.

CHPQ (99.9 The Lounge) up in Parksville-Qualicum Beach, BC still uses the voicers Gary Owens cut for them. He died in 2015.

Even KLUX 89.5 in Corpus Christi still uses the voicers Phil Harper made for them. He died in 2004.

The question now is if iHeartMedia will eventually move Alt 96.5 and KUBE 93.3 to the main signals.

Anything is possible. Alt could be a potential on 96.5 (The Woody Show still needs more affiliates). KUBE is a toss up. But I'm not holding my breath.

Anything is possible. Alt could be a potential on 96.5 (The Woody Show still needs more affiliates). KUBE is a toss up. But I'm not holding my breath.

The Woody Show is certainly a good fit for Seattle, so it was a smart move for iHeartMedia to retain the ALT format and move it to 96.5. As to when iHeartMedia would flip Jack to ALT, New Year's Day would be the best time.

The Woody Show is certainly a good fit for Seattle,
What are the specific reasons that The Woody Show that would make it a good fit for Seattle?

so it was a smart move for iHeartMedia to retain the ALT format and move it to 96.5. As to when iHeartMedia would flip Jack to ALT, New Year's Day would be the best time.
Entercom owns the Alternative format in Seattle.

And why, specifically, is New Year's Day the best day to flip?

What are the specific reasons that The Woody Show that would make it a good fit for Seattle?

So who care if they own it it makes them ripe for competition like The Wolf owns country now so why would you launch a sad attempt at a kuntry station. I would wager iHeart would be more successful with Alt if they did that than 989 will be with another go round on the ever changing format wheel. Secondly it shows your lack of musical knowledge as New Years Day is a classic U2 song. U2 is band that is from Ireland and has become a core artist to many Alt stations in case you didn't know.

To answer your first question, the reason why The Woody Show would be a good fit for Seattle is because iHeartMedia retained the ALT format when they were planning to divest 102.9 and 104.9, and they may be interested to bring that show into Seattle when they would move ALT to the main 96.5 signal.

As for why New Year's Day is the best day to flip, it's common for some radio stations to launch new formats around new year, much like how some radio stations launch new formats after stunting with Christmas music.

To answer your first question, the reason why The Woody Show would be a good fit for Seattle is because iHeartMedia retained the ALT format when they were planning to divest 102.9 and 104.9, and they may be interested to bring that show into Seattle when they would move ALT to the main 96.5 signal.

That has NOTHING to do with how would work in Seattle; nothing says how and why the show would connect to the Seattle audience.

And again, IHM doesn't have any ownership of Alternative in Seattle, that goes to Entercom's 107.7 The End.

And you're saying that putting Alternative on 96.5 (again) with a syndicated, out of town morning show, is the solution to beat a live and local station. The market just chewed up and spit out a syndicated morning show in Billy Madison on Rock 98.9.

As for why New Year's Day is the best day to flip, it's common for some radio stations to launch new formats around new year, much like how some radio stations launch new formats after stunting with Christmas music.

Yeah, I'm aware of the cliche radio stunts stations do. I was hoping for a substantive response beyond "because others do it." Radio needs more compelling content and fresh ideas, not the same uninspired crap that has been done for decades.

Whether or not this means anything is another question, but I had the two HD stations on via iHeart Radio the other day and noticed that both are simply running the respective Premium Choice feeds. Alt 96.5 has some local imaging, but doesn't at all sound like what was on 102.9. KUBE, on the other hand, just redirects to The Beat, no local stream for the KUBE 93 imaging if there even is any on the HD subchannel.

Not good enough reasons. Give us specifics (i.e. demographics, advertisers would jump on it, if Seattle would actually embrace a syndi AM show, etc.), then we *may* believe you. (Key word is "may".)

Last edited:
I heard they were building a studio for 96.5 ... with goal of taking it country. Plan hit the shredder when Hubbard jumped first. Not sure if the studio is still moving forward or not.....

KZOK HD-2 still seems to be deep cuts classic rock but the previous imaging is gone. All music, no imaging, no more GEICO ads... I heard one TOH ID today which was not done by the old voice... Male instead of female.

I heard they were building a studio for 96.5 ... with goal of taking it country. Plan hit the shredder when Hubbard jumped first. Not sure if the studio is still moving forward or not.....
Talked to one of their engineers...KZOK got 93.3's studio, Power moved to 102.9's, and Jack got 104.9's.

Hmm, any idea where the 102.9 studio was? I though there were only four studios on that hallway, KJR-FM, KJR-AM, KPWK, and KBKS. From what I understand, the KUBE studio was a remodeled closet, probably used as such when I saw that facility back in 2012.

When you're ready to upgrade the maturity past kindergarten level, I'd be happy to have a conversation.

Nice deflection of my point which is obviously spot on and hit the marc. Willing to bet that another failed mediocre attempt at radio will be served up on 989 - Piss poor marketing if any done at all. Lack of leadership and commitment. Too many knee jerk reactions to market changes. Like a dog chasing its tail you will never see or taste success. Willing to bet IF iHM did flip jack they will spend the money to do it right and come after KNDD - Hubbard or least the local staff has shown that in the past they have no money to support or market a new station. What ....your silly little Facebook ads ain't gonna cut it. Entercom obviously ain't to worried about new kuntry 989 and I doubt any other group is as well. Just another failed attempt at radio. Pay no attention to the little man behind the curtain

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom