• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

November 2017 Ratings

umfan

Star Participant
http://ratings.radio-online.com/cgi-bin/rol.exe/arb011

An early move to Christmas music has apparently, again, paid off for iHeart and WNIC which saw almost a full point jump and remains on top by a good margin. WCSX stays in 2nd, WOMC is in third. WCSX and WOMC saw slight drops. WWJ is tied with WOMC for third as it will enter its strongest rating period of the year with weather and school updates. The Ticket saw a drop, both in cume and position and is in 5th. Weak performances by the Wings and Pistons are likely to take a toll on them this winter.

WRIF, WKQI, WYCD, WDVD and WJR rounded out the Top 10. WDVD saw a drop, and WYCD saw a gain.

106.7 was flat despite a format change. NASH saw a slight drop as it continues to see WYCD eat its lunch in the Country competition.

AMP saw a surprising gain. Not clear, to me at least, where they are coming from, unless its refugees from 89X which isn't in the survey, but the gain WAY outpaces what 89X is drawing. The 106.7 format change isn't a likely culprit and I doubt WNIC listeners would be drawn there once Christmas music began.

WNIC will likely be the big winner for the December and Holiday books with WWJ gaining to 3rd and then leading in January and February.

An early move to Christmas music has apparently, again, paid off for iHeart and WNIC which saw almost a full point jump and remains on top by a good margin.

The November book ended on 11/8. I don't think the switch to Christmas was made before that.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom