• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

for those who remember Renegade Radio on 97-1 The Eagle

I don't really do these radio discussion boards (probably because I don't have much to offer) but I tell ya, I was just so blessed to be able to do a phoner with one of my mentors and dear friends "Dangerous Darren" almost 20 years after co-hosting Renegade Radio with him on 97.1 The Eagle in Dallas. He called in on my birthday show last week and it was beyond cool to catch up and reminisce a little about the old days. I'm doing Country now, which made the call that much more exciting for me. Anyway for those who care here's the link to check it out: https://youtu.be/xh9MD_Dw63A

Robert Miguel
KVOU 104.9 Coyote Country
Uvalde, Texas

I remembered you on 97.1 since the late 90s-early 2000s. You and Cindy Skull were amazing together. I remembered the Rubber Room as with the new rock that was played late on the weekends (you did that didn't you?). But of course, Renengade Radio was something I would look forward to as well that wasn't the same Metallica songs over and over that the Eagle was well known for playing so much. Glad to know you're still around in the radio business. Hope your new gig is going well over there.

yeah, i remember you too Robert, i pretty much was a teen when i listened to The Eagle in the early 2000s from late 2000 to 2004 when it flipped to Sunny.

i would love to hear your own insights and memories of your tenure at KEGL as The Eagle, including your reaction to the news Russ Martin left The Eagle for 105.3 and the day 97.1 The Eagle died and you and everyone else who were at the station at the time were let go by the then-Clear Channel Radio (now IHeartMedia).

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom