• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Mario Batali Out of the host seat of the Chew

For what it is worth, looks like the chances of there ever being another food/restaurant/bar/drink- based show on TV will be tough. Everyone knows the industry is full of "these" problems. I wonder if the sexual harassment issues will lead to every person on TV or radio being vetted. a company can't invest millions on marketing and production of these shows, only to have them disappear without a peep. This is quite something. It's seemingly been okay to have drug charges, assault charges, DUIs and even be a convicted murder and make music or be on TV. I am not trying to lessen the seriousness of what has happened with any form of sexual misconduct. I am saying that short of being God, who will make it through the eye of the needle to be on television? Or be in the manager's chair too make the decisions on who to hire or keep? I have never met Mario Batali. I do know Joe Bastianich and you have to wonder how this partnership will eventually hurt Joe?

http://deadline.com/2018/05/good-mo...hours-the-chew-canceled-7-seasons-1202396779/

Update Good Morning America expands to 3 Hours and it mentions that the Chew has been Cancelled.

“Over the past six years Good Morning America has solidified its place as America’s No. 1 morning show,” said Ben Sherwood, co-chairman, Disney Media Networks, and president, Disney|ABC Television. “We believe there is great opportunity for viewers and advertisers in expanding to a third hour.”

“While this is the right decision for our business, it is also bittersweet,” Sherwood added. “For seven years ‘The Chew’ has delighted audiences by delivering innovative food segments in an entertaining atmosphere. We applaud and thank Gordon Elliott, Aimee Householder, Michael Symon, Carla Hall, Clinton Kelly and the entire cast and crew for their great work and amazing run. And we wish them the very best.”

In telling his staff, executive producer and “The Chew” show creator Elliott saluted ABC’s move into a brand-new genre seven years ago. “Before ‘The Chew,’ no one had attempted a talk/food hybrid. Our hosts Clinton, Carla and Michael and the staff created television history executing the show as well as they did for all these years. I know I speak for all of the people who work on the show when I say it was the best television we have ever had the privilege to produce.”

Leading the competition season-to-date, Good Morning America has been the most-watched morning newscast in the country for six consecutive years and recently won back-to-back Emmy Awards for Outstanding Morning Program.

“Good Morning America keeps finding new ways to inform and delight our audience. We recently expanded GMA through our social channels and a newly launched website. Now we will build a whole new hour of compelling content that is true to GMA;s spirit,” said James Goldston, president of ABC News.

Additional details about the program, including the title and anchors, will be announced in the coming months.

Emmy Award-winning GMA,= featuring the anchor team of Robin Roberts, George Stephanopoulos, Michael Strahan and chief meteorologist Ginger Zee, airs live Monday–Friday (7:00-9:00 a.m. EDT) on ABC. Michael Corn is the senior executive producer.

https://deadline.com/2018/08/chef-m...allenge-on-alleged-boston-groping-1202451635/

Update on the Mario Batali issue

. At least seven women have already accused Batali of alleged inappropriate touching in public, causing him to lose his television jobs. Batali has also seen his restaurants in Las Vegas shutter and restaurant group partnerships end.

Natali Tene, a 28-year-old from Boston, says that the Batali incident happened in April 2017. She claims that Batali groped her after suggesting a selfie series. He allegedly rubbed her breasts, grabbed her backside, put his hands between her legs, and kept squeezing her face into his as he kissed her.

The lawsuit was filed in Suffolk Superior Court in Boston and claims emotional distress, anxiety and self-doubt on Tene’s part as a result of the alleged groping.

The New York Police Department is still deciding whether to charge Batali related to complaints by two women who say he sexually assaulted them at two of his Manhattan restaurants, the Spotted Pig and Babbo.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom