• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

100.1 Air1

dvdnjr91

New Participating Member
Wonder what's going to happen to 100.1 their reverting listeners to the new 92.1 or 96.1 my guess it's going to be Klove again.

Switching 100.1/Julian to K-love would be an odd move. 102.1 K-love already covers almost all of the 100.1 signal area.

Well, 100.1 dropped that re-direct promo -- they're now back to Air 1 programming. Wonder why they aired message in the first place.

Educational Media Foundation now ownes 4 sations in this market, maybe in the future they could come up with a new network other then Air1 and Klove.

they already use a Spanish language Christian format on some of the extra stations they own, Radio Nueva Vida.

Also the 3 southern California Air 1 signals complement each other pretty well according to FCC and EMF website info so no sense in changing or getting rid of any of them due to duplication.

I don't believe EMF has an equity stake in Radio Nueva Vida. They're owned by the Association for Community Education.

Educational Media Foundation now ownes 4 sations in this market, maybe in the future they could come up with a new network other then Air1 and Klove.

EMF did have two other networks known as World Wide Worship and God's Country Radio Network, both of which were ill-fated.

I don't believe EMF has an equity stake in Radio Nueva Vida. They're owned by the Association for Community Education.

Correct. They no longer are affiliated with Nueva Vida. I have said for quite a while that, like Moody in Chicago, EMF should get a new genre since Air1 and K-LOVE cross over in track list a lot. Majesty Radio by Moody is growing as is the talk/preaching genre.

Correct. They no longer are affiliated with Nueva Vida. I have said for quite a while that, like Moody in Chicago, EMF should get a new genre since Air1 and K-LOVE cross over in track list a lot. Majesty Radio by Moody is growing as is the talk/preaching genre.

And Radio Nueva Vida is already heard in the San Diego market, on 1130 AM.

I'd like to hear a Christian music format that plays music that's a bit too new for Family Radio(*), and a bit too classic for Air 1 / K-Love. :) (I remember some time ago I was in Imperial County listening to one of the FM stations there, and heard what I think was some southern Gospel music that sounded like it was from somewhere between the 1960s and 1980s. I don't recall hearing that style on either of the 3 mentioned networks. I wish I could remember the name of the program that was playing.)

(I don't get 100.1 very well where I live, though.)

(*) Too new of a style, that is. I have heard a FR-style-friendly version of Here I Am to Worship (by Bonnie Knopf, iirc), which I think came out within the last 10-20 years or so. Don't remember if I've heard Amazing Grace (My Chains Are Gone) on FR, but I wouldn't be entirely surprised if there's a version that they might play sometimes.

I'd like to hear a Christian music format that plays music that's a bit too new for Family Radio(*), and a bit too classic for Air 1 / K-Love. :) (I remember some time ago I was in Imperial County listening to one of the FM stations there, and heard what I think was some southern Gospel music that sounded like it was from somewhere between the 1960s and 1980s. I don't recall hearing that style on either of the 3 mentioned networks. I wish I could remember the name of the program that was playing.)

(I don't get 100.1 very well where I live, though.)

(*) Too new of a style, that is. I have heard a FR-style-friendly version of Here I Am to Worship (by Bonnie Knopf, iirc), which I think came out within the last 10-20 years or so. Don't remember if I've heard Amazing Grace (My Chains Are Gone) on FR, but I wouldn't be entirely surprised if there's a version that they might play sometimes.

You may be excited for this then: K-Love Has Just Launched a New Format on a Growing Number of FM Stations

As it turns out, 100.1 Julian will indeed be the new home of K-Love Classics.
They've been redirecting listeners to 102.1 FM San Diego for K-Love programming.

Correct, EMF provides the signals and tech/engineering support for the signals but has no stake whatsoever in Radio Nueva Vida.

EMF did have two other networks known as World Wide Worship and God's Country Radio Network, both of which were ill-fated.

Klove recently launched Klove classics, 80s 90s and early 2000's music. I suspect that'll go on in markets where Klove has HD signals.

IE: Pittsburgh PA's WPKV 98.3 runs KLove on the analog and HD1, Air1 is on the HD2.. and i bet the recently accquired translator is going on the HD2.. or soon to come HD3 for klvoe classics.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom