KMPS is now 94.1 The Sound - Page 19
Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 225

Thread: KMPS is now 94.1 The Sound

  1. #181
    Quote Originally Posted by crainbebo View Post
    I notice they do not have a playlist yet. It's still stuck on the Christmas format from early December.
    Just pull a KRWM playlist from 1995 and you'll be pretty close to it.

  2. #182

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Edmonds, Washington
    Posts
    2,382
    Rob, I'd like to find a playlist from that era for both KRWM and KLSY, but where would I start looking for such a thing? As a more general question for everyone on this board, shouldn't they be done with the 10,000 in a row? I thought that usually only took about a month.

  3. #183
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdavcav View Post
    As a more general question for everyone on this board, shouldn't they be done with the 10,000 in a row? I thought that usually only took about a month.
    "Sailing" by Christopher Cross was song 10,000, played the morning of January 1st.

  4. #184
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdavcav View Post
    Rob, I'd like to find a playlist from that era for both KRWM and KLSY, but where would I start looking for such a thing?
    If you're looking for at least currents from back then, archived R&R issues would be your best bet.

  5. #185
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Piotrowski View Post
    Just pull a KRWM playlist from 1995 and you'll be pretty close to it.
    Pretty spot on.

    KRWM wasn't added to Mediabase's published panel until 98, so below are the top 25 golds that that KRWM played in 1998. If it's bolded, KSWD has played it. Lots of overlap.


    1 PATRICK SWAYZE She's Like The Wind
    2 ROD STEWART Have I Told You...(Unplugged)
    3 PAUL DAVIS I Go Crazy
    4 RITA COOLIDGE We're All Alone
    5 JIM BRICKMAN Angel Eyes
    6 BREATHE Hands To Heaven
    7 STEPHEN BISHOP It Might Be You
    8 POLICE Every Breath You Take
    9 BERLIN Take My Breath Away
    10 DAN HILL Sometimes When We Touch
    11 GLORIA ESTEFAN/MSM Can't Stay Away From You
    12 JAMES TAYLOR You've Got A Friend
    13 WHITNEY HOUSTON The Greatest Love Of All
    14 BARBRA STREISAND The Way We Were
    15 CHRIS DEBURGH Lady In Red
    16 NATALIE/NAT K. COLE Unforgettable
    17 ELTON JOHN Your Song
    18 E.RABBITT/C.GAYLE You And I
    19 SEALS & CROFTS Get Closer
    20 STEPHEN BISHOP On And On
    21 CHER/PETER CETERA After All
    22 MARIAH CAREY Hero
    23 ROD STEWART You're In My Heart
    24 GENESIS Hold On My Heart
    25 PAUL YOUNG Everytime You Go Away

  6. #186

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Yakima, WA
    Posts
    9,644
    Interesting that Mariah Carey's 'Hero' isn't bolded. That should be on KSWD's playlist as it was such a hit and a '90s throwback.
    758 AM's in the log, 656 FMs (250 from Western WA), That's a DXer!
    FM, AM and SW DXer of Yakima, WA! God Bless America!
    Last New FM Log: KWEN 95.5 Tulsa OK (7/23/18 Es)
    Last New AM Log: JOBK-666 khz Osaka, Japan, 10/5/18

  7. #187
    Quote Originally Posted by crainbebo View Post
    Interesting that Mariah Carey's 'Hero' isn't bolded. That should be on KSWD's playlist as it was such a hit and a '90s throwback.
    I really thought "The Sound" was a stunt, at first. But now as time moves on it is apparent this is indeed their gameplan, and I give them credit in one sense, they are providing an alternative to "The Jet" at 95.7, which leans male. Nobody is doing a female upper demo friendly station in the market. Perhaps that is the thinking, if so, they might indeed carve a nitch.

    Agreed, "Hero" should probably be on there, but as a "throwback"? No. That would be in the "center" of the library.

  8. #188
    Quote Originally Posted by seatownmedia View Post
    Perhaps that is the thinking, if so, they might indeed carve a nitch.
    Versus the Cash Cow they threw away or could have milked the last few dollars out KMPS while while migrating listeners to the Wolf. Does a Nitch make as much money as station covering a wider demo like a County station would? Must be nice to throw money away.

  9. #189
    Quote Originally Posted by xmtrland View Post
    Must be nice to throw money away.
    Or giving it to one of your competitors.

  10. #190
    Quote Originally Posted by seatownmedia View Post
    I really thought "The Sound" was a stunt, at first. But now as time moves on it is apparent this is indeed their gameplan, and I give them credit in one sense, they are providing an alternative to "The Jet" at 95.7, which leans male. Nobody is doing a female upper demo friendly station in the market. Perhaps that is the thinking, if so, they might indeed carve a nitch.
    Or even a niche.

    The target is Warm, not The Jet.

Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  




     
Our Conferences
Useful Contacts
Community


Contact Us