• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

KVIT/KPNG Teacher and Manager Charged in Theft of EVIT Funds - Steve Grosz

2Son

Leading Participant
"An East Valley Institute of Technology teacher has been indicted on charges of embezzling funds meant for the school's radio-station program, state officials said.

Authorities allege that Steven Grosz, a radio-audio production teacher at the Mesa campus, diverted $3,750 in school funds into his own business account instead of the school's account from February to May 2013, according to a statement form the Arizona Auditor General's Office.

The Arizona Attorney General's Office worked with the Auditor General's Office to determine the money had been misappropriated, which led to an indictment on charges of theft, misuse of public monies, and forgery, the auditor general said"...more

https://www.azcentral.com/story/new...-valley-institute-technology-funds/906894001/

As a graduate of this program, class of 96, this hurts the program. I've known Steve Grosz for nearly 20 years and I am sad and disgusted that he did this and admitted to it.

Its hard that both of my friends Steve and Bruce Kelly lost their friendship because of what he did. Bruce had a legal and moral obligation to report what he saw to administration and only to be betrayed by that administration by his termination.

Why the hell did the school rehire him after the discovery and his first termination? Shame on both.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom