• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Delilah on the New Lite Fm

Dr Wayne

Leading Participant
Interesting that My FM switched at 5 pm to the New Lite Fm; This evening Delilah returned to the New Lite FM.
I guess the music will not change. Would enjoy soft AC playlist since we have so many stations playing the same playlists.

It would be even more interesting if they went WRME-style. iHeart won't do that though.
'iHeart Radio - We Can Change Our Stations, But We Can't Pay Our Bills"

It would be even more interesting if they went WRME-style. iHeart won't do that though.
'iHeart Radio - We Can Change Our Stations, But We Can't Pay Our Bills"

First, iHeart pays its bills. It just can't pay pending payments to lenders.

Second, iHeart won't do a WRME format because such a format just can't rise above a certain low billing level as they can't attract the large agency accounts that pay better rates based on audience delivery in age groups below 55.

If I can't pay my pending Visa card payments (my "lenders") or my pending car payment (yet another "lender"), would you not say that I'm not paying my bills? I think their debt load is obscene at best.

What? The statement you made makes no sense.

Bills... charges for operating expenses and such.

Loan payments... charges for the money used to buy the group from the previous shareholders.

I think their debt load is obscene at best.

And that is why they are looking at some kind of packaged or prepared Chapter 11 filing. The station group makes loads of money. The error is not in their operation; it is in the also-obscene price that was paid for the group.

I was just thinking earlier how terrified I would be to be an employee of iHeart (and to a lesser extent Cumulus). I've always loved radio, but what is happening in the industry relieves some of my regrets for having not pursued a career in radio. I feel horrible for the staff of WJMK, and I still want to know why the *&^% they would bring Brian Peck on deck 2 weeks before that flip. I know they're getting some kind of severance and what not, but they are still out of a job.

I was just thinking earlier how terrified I would be to be an employee of iHeart (and to a lesser extent Cumulus).

One very basic reality any radio person knows is if they wanted job security, radio is probably not the career choice to make. There's no such thing as job security (even if you're in the union), it doesn't always pay well, and you might work strange hours. But still, lots of people want to do it.

Let's put it this way: When a former top-rated station drops to #14, the people clearly don't care one way or the other.

I know, but I didn't know that it was to the point that iHeartMedia decided that it was a good idea to add Delilah, considering that they dropped her before on WLIT.

It will be interesting to see how the Lite does in the next ratings book. I think it would be nice if between 7pm and Midnight the Lite would play Lite songs during Delilah's show and see how they do in ratings.

It will be interesting to see how the Lite does in the next ratings book. I think it would be nice if between 7pm and Midnight the Lite would play Lite songs during Delilah's show and see how they do in ratings.

The February ratings are out, has anybody paid attention to see how they did?

The February ratings are out, has anybody paid attention to see how they did?

6 AM to Midnight, the station is 13th in 25-54, and in 7-Mid they have the same rank position.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom