• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

The "Lite" stays on after Christmas!

From Radio Insight: "MyFm" is no more at 93.9. Delilah is set to return in 2018. The Station reverts to a pure AC playlist on December 26th. And a new morning show may be in the works!

Okay they’re low on ratings why flip it back to Lite Fm if it didn’t work before? I don’t get this. I don’t think this will make a big difference.

I guess this is Entercom changing some CBS things around in Chicago, not just at WJMK. But this is an odd move. WTMX has excellent ratings as a Hot AC station and WSHE has poor ratings as an AC station. So WLIT is leaving Hot AC to go AC? Stop competing with WTMX, #1 in the last two ratings months. And start competing with WSHE, currently #12? (Interestingly, both WTMX and WSHE are owned by Hubbard.)

I don't understand why in some markets AC does so well, NYC, Philadelphia, Houston, Boston, Seattle, Portland. San Francisco, Miami and Tampa have both successful AC and Soft AC stations. But in some markets AC does poorly, Chicago, Dallas, Atlanta. In Minneapolis, there is NO AC station.

I guess this is Entercom changing some CBS things around in Chicago, not just at WJMK. But this is an odd move. WTMX has excellent ratings as a Hot AC station and WSHE has poor ratings as an AC station. So WLIT is leaving Hot AC to go AC? Stop competing with WTMX, #1 in the last two ratings months. And start competing with WSHE, currently #12? (Interestingly, both WTMX and WSHE are owned by Hubbard.)

I don't understand why in some markets AC does so well, NYC, Philadelphia, Houston, Boston, Seattle, Portland. San Francisco, Miami and Tampa have both successful AC and Soft AC stations. But in some markets AC does poorly, Chicago, Dallas, Atlanta. In Minneapolis, there is NO AC station.

All Access still shows WLIT as AC. Portland doesn't have a Soft AC. I think the last time was the early 1990s, when KXL-FM evolved out of B/EZ.

I know that Robert Feder reported that it will go away on December 26th, but how do we know for sure that it will, don't forget they stayed with Christmas music all the way through New Year's Eve., or are we assuming that it will be because this only happened after they became My FM.

Okay they’re low on ratings why flip it back to Lite Fm if it didn’t work before? I don’t get this. I don’t think this will make a big difference.

Who said it didn't work before, to my understanding a lot of people never caught on to the name My FM, and still were calling it Lite so why not go back to the name people have been calling it? Just like with Willis Tower, I am sure that there are still many people that haven't accepted the name change, and still call it Sear's Tower even through Sear's has paid for naming rights in a long time. Just like the home of the Chicago White Sox, starting in 2003 the name of the stadium was changed to Us Cellular Field, even through I am sure many fans still called it Comiskey Park, even through at end of the 2016 baseball season the name got changed again. If you had a favorite business or radio station, and it's name got changed, and you refused tio call it that new name, wouldn't you still refer to it as the old name?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom