• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

KSWD last arbitron book.

34james

Frequent Participant
KSWD got a 2.8 in the overall radio ratings survey just released Nov 29th 2017. All that Jazz about a format flip really garnered them positive attention.

Back in the day, there was KWST, KMET and KLOS. There were few better rock stations.
Now that 100.3 the Sound is gone, we've lost another link to those stations and the music they used to play.
I know listener preferences have changed but it's hard to believe that format has gone only to be replaced by Christian radio.
Hallelujah?

Considering the liberal nature of Los Angeles, it's a bit surprising that K-Love wants to buy a signal like KSWD. I know one must not stereotype too quickly, but CCM usually fares poorly in more liberal markets. I won't be surprised if K-Love on KSWD will have lower ratings than even some of the public radio stations.

They don't need no stinkin' ratings...just the monthly pledges that drive EMF.

EMF is a nonsubcriber to Nielsen, isn't it? I know WCCC disappeared from the Hartford 12+ listings right after EMF bought it, fired everyone and started piping in the CCM.

They subscribe to Nielsen ratings. I'm not sure about Hartford, but just a quick peruse through a few PPM markets (I looked at NYC, Phoenix, and Chicago) and they subscribe in all three. I imagine they'll subscribe in LA, though it might not show up for a few books.

https://news.radio-online.com/cgi-bin/rol.exe/headline_id=n34996

Update the KSWD Call Letters have moved to Seattle.

Entercom has announced new call letters for CBS Radio acquisitions KMPS-FM (The New 94.1 The Sound) in Seattle and KRAK-FM (CBS Sports 910) in Victor Valley, CA. KMPS, which flipped from Country to soft AC last week, switches to heritage calls KSWD-FM, matching its monikor, while KRAK will now be known as KMPS-AM.

Seattle's "The New 94.1 The Sound" debuted on December 4 playing 10,000 songs commercial-free. The mix includes hits from artists such as Adele, Mariah Carey, Phil Collins, Elton John, Whitney Houston, Hall and Oates, among others.

Considering the liberal nature of Los Angeles, it's a bit surprising that K-Love wants to buy a signal like KSWD. I know one must not stereotype too quickly, but CCM usually fares poorly in more liberal markets. I won't be surprised if K-Love on KSWD will have lower ratings than even some of the public radio stations.

Sure they want ratings but that's not their focus/mission. They look at the number of souls KSWD reaches. <- that number is quite high.

KSWD is a HUGE win for EMF given they haven't been able to push the K-LOVE "brand" into Southern California given KLVE already being in the market, using the name KLOVE as well.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom