• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

CFQR 600 AM Going Talk ?

xmradiopro

Star Participant
Its been a while since the new 600 AM in Montreal recently went on the air. They have been playing automated music...anyone know when the new brand Talk format begins ?

No one knows anything yet. As soon as I get info or hear anything (I'm in listening range during the day) I'll post something.

With CJAD getting something like a 20+ rating among Montreal's English-speaking audience, there probably is a market for another AM English-language station in Montreal. On the other hand, it is hard to start a new AM station these days.

Not a chance. They have the largest audience in the city among English language stations.

wonder if CJAD might flip to something else once the talk station starts on 600 AM.

CFQR is 10 kw day, 5 kw night. CJAD is 50 kw day, 10 kw night. The better signal, all other things being equal, wins. And CJAD has a huge tradition of serving English speakers in Québec.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom