• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Feeling nostalgic: dance tunes of the 2000s

M

MMVRBfan

So the other day I found an old cassette with some dance music on it from the radio I think circa 2002-2003 that I recorded at the time. I hadn't heard them songs in a while. I remember it was a great period in dance music past the eurodance of the 90s. Anyway, feeling nostalgic from listening to it again I went looking for streams or apps focusing with dance music from the 2000s period (like 2000-2009, stuff from the late 90s is fine) and unlike finding eurodance 90s stuff which is quite common in being found in streams online or apps exclusively focusing on that, finding '00s dance music is proving to be more illusive. I'm not sure if I'm not searching for it right or if the music isn't like 'old' enough to have it's own decade of dance music yet. I've seen 'classic dance' streams but I have no clue what period of time that material is from. Anything can be considered classic, so it's too broad I think. I came here to see anyone with that experience (in the business) or suggestions or the knowledge to know would be kind enough to assist me in what I'm seeking. It would be greatly appreciated.

The early 2000's were lean years for historical Dance product......until 2007 when Disco returned (Nu-Disco). We play these tracks from the 2000's (and a few others):

Juicy Lotta-Gonna Make You Dance
Don Carlos & Taka Boom-The Music Of Your Mind
Asle-Why People Dance
Paul Harris & Deborah Ffrench-Sing Oh
Alcazar-Sexual Guarantee
Crystal Waters-Come On Down
Daniel Bedingfield-Gotta Get Thru This
Estelle & Cutmore-Fall In Love
Janet Jackson-All For You
Kylie Minogue-Can't Get You Out Of My...

Thanks guys for the suggestions-- to those who contributed. I just noticed that there doesn't seem to be as much love for dance stations with a focus on the releases of the 2000s as there are in the 90s (eurodance), italodisco (80s dance) and of course today (the 2010s twenty-teens). I suppose only time will tell on that as we continue along the timeline into the later decades there will more of a fondness.

Thanks guys for the suggestions-- to those who contributed. I just noticed that there doesn't seem to be as much love for dance stations with a focus on the releases of the 2000s as there are in the 90s (eurodance), italodisco (80s dance) and of course today (the 2010s twenty-teens). I suppose only time will tell on that as we continue along the timeline into the later decades there will more of a fondness.

This station is probably the closest to what you are looking for.

https://www.predanz.com

Thanks AZDude for your contribution. I'm liking this station.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom