• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Alternative Here To Stay?

I've been skeptical of The Shark's longevity in Miami/Fort Lauderdale but with the recent flips to Alternative in New York and Dallas could it be they intend to keep the format in this market afterall?

I think, based on Entercom's recent flips, that the company (specifically David Field, the CEO) is big on the format. Although it probably won't ever get big ratings in Miami, it will probably be a nice addition to the various formats Entercom now has in the market. I bet it can be sold in combo with WQAM and WAXY.

Not sure what else they could do with the station in the market anyway.

I think, based on Entercom's recent flips, that the company (specifically David Field, the CEO) is big on the format. Although it probably won't ever get big ratings in Miami, it will probably be a nice addition to the various formats Entercom now has in the market. I bet it can be sold in combo with WQAM and WAXY.

Not sure what else they could do with the station in the market anyway.

Goat yodeling

Alt is staying, and if you want to go Rhythmic just tweak WPOW back to that as it has the heritage and lean currently. The market hole is Miami Latin friendly/Mass Appeal Throwback Hip Hop as Entercom does in Seattle and SF. The current South Florida Throwback is Urban and on a small translator.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom