Top 40/CHR is now “Hot” in San Jose! - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Top 40/CHR is now “Hot” in San Jose!

Moderator/Co-Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by e-dawg View Post
    I know 100.7 city grade goes covers San Francisco, but their signal almost no existent in southern part of the city limits.
    The KVVZ 70 dbu barely nips the northernmost sliver of San Francisco, pretty much limited to Presidio, Ghirardelli Square area and the western part of North Beach. By Presidio Heights and Embarcadero, it's outside the city grade.
    www.americanradiohistory.com
    Broadcasting Magazine and Yearbooks, RCA Broadcast News, Television Magazine, Radio Annual, Radio News, Sponsor, Television/Radio Age, R&R, Duncan's American Radio, M Street Directory, Broadcast Engineering, db, and more.

Quote Originally Posted by e-dawg View Post
    Speaking of HOT 100.7 and 105.7. 100.7 signal is horrible in most parts of the city & county of San Francisco. 100.7 signal does well around Fishermen Wharf, Chinatown, North Beach, Richmond Neighborhood, anywhere north of Geary Blvd. I know 100.7 city grade goes covers San Francisco, but their signal almost no existent in southern part of the city limits. 105.7 is clear in my area of the city. part of the city.
    Yeah, it's a Class A signal with a terrible TX location. Simply put, it's not meant to be a "Bay Area" station. A view from 101 in San Rafael. Thats the KVVZ tower.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I got out of the business before it sucked the life out of me.
    Now I just play radio online at www.allthebestoldies.com.

Quote Originally Posted by stewie View Post
    Yeah, it's a Class A signal with a terrible TX location. Simply put, it's not meant to be a "Bay Area" station. A view from 101 in San Rafael. Thats the KVVZ tower.
    Are they still running that translator on 100.9 from Mt. Beacon? Seems to me they could move it to a better location and/or increase the power since it's a fill-in.

Dave B.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveBayArea View Post
    Are they still running that translator on 100.9 from Mt. Beacon? Seems to me they could move it to a better location and/or increase the power since it's a fill-in.

Dave B.
    I'd completely forgotten that they'd moved that station. It used to BE 100.9!

Quote Originally Posted by DaveBayArea View Post

Dave B.
    According to the FCC, they are.

I had no idea they had a translator on 100.9. Does anyone listen to it?
    I got out of the business before it sucked the life out of me.
    Now I just play radio online at www.allthebestoldies.com.

Coverage looks like a smaller version of KVVZ's footprint. Seems a bit redundant but 100.9 has to translate 100.7 as they may bleed over each other, and COL's so close together correct?

The 100.9 translator doesn't do anything in San Francisco. When I was hiking in Angel Island, I can see the Mt. Beacon line of sight, but I picked up KSXY (Y100.9 FM) instead of HOT 100.7/105.7 repeater.

Why would a station targeting San Jose Hispanics that does not subscribe to the San Francisco Book need the small 100.7 San Rafael, and 100.9 Sausalito signals which don't even come in clear in all of SF much less the Southbay? As mentioned before seems like KBRG, or even KSOL would benefit more from these two signals, at least they show up in the SF Book.

Moderator/Co-Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by radiolife3 View Post
    Why would a station targeting San Jose Hispanics that does not subscribe to the San Francisco Book need the small 100.7 San Rafael, and 100.9 Sausalito signals which don't even come in clear in all of SF much less the Southbay? As mentioned before seems like KBRG, or even KSOL would benefit more from these two signals, at least they show up in the SF Book.
    KVVZ is subscribed in SF, KVVF in San Jose. Since they are a simulcast, they have combined listings
    www.americanradiohistory.com
    Broadcasting Magazine and Yearbooks, RCA Broadcast News, Television Magazine, Radio Annual, Radio News, Sponsor, Television/Radio Age, R&R, Duncan's American Radio, M Street Directory, Broadcast Engineering, db, and more.

Starting today, KBRG is now leaning towards what KLVE is exactly playing in LA. A refresh of newer latin pop music, format still remains as Spanish AC since it's still a combination of older and newer music.

Now this can be a chance for KVVF Hot 105.7 to focus on what KYLD, KMVQ, KEZR plays without mixing in spanish in their programming.
    Last edited by Radiomusik; 12-10-2017 at 07:55 AM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234