What is your least favorite Christmas song? - Page 10
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: What is your least favorite Christmas song?

Moderator/Co-Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by WhoseLineFan View Post
    What’s PPM?
    Expanding on Marc's post:

Portable People Meter, or PPM.

Nielsen uses a panel in the PPM markets (all the top 50 except for 2 markets). A panel is a group of people, recruited by households, that, in miniature, represent proportionally all the population groups in a market. If 24% are over 55, 24% of the participants will be. If there are 52% women, 52% of of the panel will be women. Same for other ages, ethnic groups, income levels, geographic distribution, etc.

Each person carries a pager-like device and it detects, by means of inaudible data on each station's signal, what station is being heard, when and for how long. Nielsen gets the data every night, and produces listening reports for each week and monthly "books" each 4 weeks.

Highly biased but additional article at:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portab...continuously.)
    www.americanradiohistory.com
    Broadcasting Magazine and Yearbooks, RCA Broadcast News, Television Magazine, Radio Annual, Radio News, Sponsor, Television/Radio Age, R&R, Duncan's American Radio, M Street Directory, Broadcast Engineering, db, and more.

Any song, Christmas or otherwise, that starts with "Haaa, haaa" is not one I want to hear, period. In this case Faith Hill's "Where Are You Christmas?"

I Can't stand "I Want A Hippopotamus for Christmas" by Gina Peevley! I hate "Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer" by Elmo & Patsy(I prefer the Irish Rovers version). And I despise "Dominick The Donkey" by Lou Monte.
    Finally, I'm not too hot about the Nat "King" Cole/Natalie Cole version of "The Christmas Song." I prefer the solo versions by the respective singers.
    And I'd like to shoot the entire Bob Rivers Comedy Group's repertoire!

Quote Originally Posted by blackgold View Post
    Finally, I'm not too hot about the Nat "King" Cole/Natalie Cole version of "The Christmas Song." I prefer the solo versions by the respective singers.
    Me too. Some of those "duets" don't sound right.

Quote Originally Posted by blackgold View Post
    I Can't stand "I Want A Hippopotamus for Christmas" by Gina Peevley!
    Just to be picky, it's Gayla Peevey. Seems like I'd heard she was living near Branson, MO these days, but I can't seem to find where I thought I'd heard that.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910