• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Florence SC changes....

Wabbit Season

New Participating Member
Several.

Swagga Radio (IHeart) has changed formats slightly to rebrand as "The Beat" - taking with it Contemporary Christian WDAR 105.5 - they are now simulcast.

Former #1 IHeart morning show Mudflap & Palmer - both long-time mainstays in the market - have resurfaced after what one must assume was a six month non-compete at crosstown country rival Cat Country 99-3 (WWKT), replacing Big D. and Bubba and providing a local competitor in morning drive to the Bobby Bones Show.

Frank FM (97.1) has gone all Christmas as of today.

Looks like Community Broadcasters is taking their name seriously, hiring live local talent to compete with Cumulus and Iheart, who have consistently slashed local talent. Ken Ard on Live 95, Mudflap & Palmer on Cat. Will it work?

I'm going to reply to myself as I can't find the edit command here - but apparently IHeart took some translators and some of their small area FM's and created a "Rock FM" series of translators and 105.5 is now "The Beat". The only live show they have on in the Florence area is the JMX morning show, and I wouldn't bet on them lasting much longer, with the FCC regulations changing. Everything else is either voicetracked by part-timers and out-of-marketers. Oh, and the market VP records his afternoon show on 103X.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom