• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Talk Radio

If you recall, Michael Krasny was the 9:00 - Midnight host at KGO...I want to say in the 80s, and into the 90s. Though he was perfectly capable of doing the typical political talk, and even getting snarky with callers on occasion, he was generally non-confrontational, and would also have on literary guests, historians, and others of a more intellectual ilk - and tackle other issues not normally heard on talk radio. I can't recall if he quit, or was fired first, but I do recall he was replaced by Bernie Ward, who, of course, had a much more in-your-face confrontational type of show.

I guess it worked out more than OK for Krasny.

Who knew that Krasny was bringing Michael Jackson (Former KABC 790 host) type talk radio to KGO-AM back then. I understand that NPR News/Talk affiliates are better known for that today for bringing the style Krasny, Terry Gross, Joshua Johnson and Former host Diane Rehn to make talk radio a sane venue. Who knew that stations like KGO-AM and KABC-AM back then was doing that same exact formula until they had to deal with the market pressure to add more of a style that attracts certain political in your face backgrounds.

Glad to hear Michael Krasny's still on the air. I used to hear him on KGO at night. I always enjoyed his middle of the road, wide ranging viewpoint. Of course, that was when talk radio was a different animal than the one it is now.

Glad to hear Michael Krasny's still on the air. I used to hear him on KGO at night. I always enjoyed his middle of the road, wide ranging viewpoint. Of course, that was when talk radio was a different animal than the one it is now.

I'm not sure where you're located,but if you're not within the broadcast area of KQED and KQEI (Sacramento), you can hear Forum online live - 9:00 - 11:00, weekday mornings. A significant number of his callers are calling from around the country, not just Bay Area.

Krasny is becoming a bit like Johnny Carson - he takes a lot of mornings off - and he also has an entire other career as a professor - but the other hosts (can't recall their names at the moment) are also very capable.

http://www.kqed.org/radio/listen/

I'm not sure where you're located,but if you're not within the broadcast area of KQED and KQEI (Sacramento), you can hear Forum online live - 9:00 - 11:00, weekday mornings. A significant number of his callers are calling from around the country, not just Bay Area.

Krasny is becoming a bit like Johnny Carson - he takes a lot of mornings off - and he also has an entire other career as a professor - but the other hosts (can't recall their names at the moment) are also very capable.

I know that Mina Kim, Sam Shaffer, and Thuy Vu has taken fill in seats at Forum though.

I'm in the Seattle metro area. Thank you for the info!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom