• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Roy Rosen

Sorry to hear of Roy's passing. He worked in Charlotte radio beginning in high school on stations including BIG WAYS, later I remember hearing him on WKKT FM when they would broadcast from Concord Mills. Also built a hugely successful mobile DJ company in Charlotte. Only 62 years old, rest in peace.

Sorry to hear of Roy's passing. He worked in Charlotte radio beginning in high school on stations including BIG WAYS, later I remember hearing him on WKKT FM when they would broadcast from Concord Mills. Also built a hugely successful mobile DJ company in Charlotte. Only 62 years old, rest in peace.

Roy was a super nice guy. I met him at a concert in the old Charlotte Coliseum it was 1981. He was behind me taking pictures and we struck up a conversation. For those who don't know it Roy Rosen was a very good photographer. He was working at WAYS at the time and I had just started work at WSOC-AM. Roy was one of those guys you took an instant liking to. Between WAYS and WKKT Roy worked under the name Roy Neal at WBCY, while I was down the hall at WBT.

Roy recently lost his Dad, they were very close. Judging by his facebook posts Roy was devastated. So now they are together again.

One of the great things about working in radio, is the fraternity of men and women you meet along the way.

See ya on the other side Roy!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom