• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

About Pirates

Interesting! Didn't know Th FCC posted this stuff.
Couple of familiar names on this list.
What's surprising to me that $0 fines ever and no enforcement since 2012.
https://www.fcc.gov/reports-research/maps/fcc-enforcement-actions-against-pirate-radio-location/

Also who is broadcasting dead air on 95.3?

They always have posted that information in one form or the other. It just didn't come contained with a graphical front page.

With very few actual FCC people to go around, the pirate finding work is almost always done by radio geeks and checked by engineers who visit boards like these. And with dead spaces/distant stations on the FM dial being hogged up on the dial by closer rimshots, LPFMs and translators, it seems like the 87.7 and 87.9 frequencies are now the prime pirate frequencies. And the ones most closely monitored for activity.

West Seattle.
95.3 just silents. Dead carrier. No nothing,mono signal from my radio
Been like this for at least 6 weeks I know of. Why I know this? It was my pirate channel now I have to move to 87.9
Difficult channel to transmit/tune when you have boat anchor equipment...lol

Perhaps a new LPFM is testing on 95.3 mHz. How many have popped up in the Seattle metro the past couple years?

Perhaps a new LPFM is testing on 95.3 mHz. How many have popped up in the Seattle metro the past couple years?

Good point. There is a 3 watt @ 560 feet LPFM with a CP to Seattle, and another 9 watter 260 feet with a CP for Tacoma. Either might be testing.

Good point. There is a 3 watt @ 560 feet LPFM with a CP to Seattle, and another 9 watter 260 feet with a CP for Tacoma. Either might be testing.

Maybe it's KDXB-LP. Aren't they supposed to be on any day now?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom