• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Cha Chi Loprete

DavidZ

Star Participant
In today's Boston Herald, Ernie Boch Jr's look at music and pop culture from past to present feature announces that Cha Chi Loprete has announced he is leaving radio after 36 years. His final show on WZLX is this Sunday from 7 - 8 a.m.

I wonder if he didn't want to go through more changes which is going to include moving studios etc.

In today's Boston Herald, Ernie Boch Jr's look at music and pop culture from past to present feature announces that Cha Chi Loprete has announced he is leaving radio after 36 years. His final show on WZLX is this Sunday from 7 - 8 a.m.

Did CBS LMA ZLX to I Hate Radio yet?

Larry's job wasn't going to survive this merger.... which is too bad because I am going to miss him and HIS version of Breakfast With The Beatles... not to be confused with the one that ripped the name off on XM18 every morning.

Thanks for a lot of Sunday morning fun Cha Chi, I have some shows ripped to MP3.... I will always have something to listen to...

Did CBS LMA ZLX to I Hate Radio yet?

Larry's job wasn't going to survive this merger.... which is too bad because I am going to miss him and HIS version of Breakfast With The Beatles... not to be confused with the one that ripped the name off on XM18 every morning.

Thanks for a lot of Sunday morning fun Cha Chi, I have some shows ripped to MP3.... I will always have something to listen to...

Supposedly as of midnight last night the merger was complete and lmas could begin. But i've seen people say fcc hasn't approved of any lmas as of yet.

It’s been a few years, and my experience is on the non-comm side, but I thought you didn’t need FCC approval of an LMA - but you do need to notify the FCC (as has been done with at least a few of the LMA documents posted on their site).

It’s been a few years, and my experience is on the non-comm side, but I thought you didn’t need FCC approval of an LMA - but you do need to notify the FCC (as has been done with at least a few of the LMA documents posted on their site).

Correct, I looked at yesterday's FCC Daily Digest and I didn't see any mention of the LMA's, but they may pop up on Monday...

Did We Jump The Gun on THE BIG CHANGE?

Supposedly as of midnight last night the merger was complete and lmas could begin. But i've seen people say fcc hasn't approved of any lmas as of yet.
Could we have jumped the gun a day?
Chris Citorik filled in for Dam on NightSide last night and stated that he was closing out the last four hours that WBZ was a CBSRadio station and that, as of Midnight, they were becoming an iHeart station.

an Rea's Nightside FB page just put up that they were part of the evil empire and the streaming could be found on the IshartRadio app

an Rea's Nightside FB page just put up that they were part of the evil empire and the streaming could be found on the IshartRadio app

These references to the evil empire and iShartRadio are as unoriginal (and tiresome) as the references to the Patriots, Belichick, and Brady being called the Cheatriots, Belicheat and Tom Shady.

As I've mentioned before, I was twice victim to (at the time) Clear Channel's Reduction in Force, and I'm a mature adult about the company when referencing them online.

These references to the evil empire and iShartRadio are as unoriginal (and tiresome) as the references to the Patriots, Belichick, and Brady being called the Cheatriots, Belicheat and Tom Shady.

As I've mentioned before, I was twice victim to (at the time) Clear Channel's Reduction in Force, and I'm a mature adult about the company when referencing them online.

well then, thanks for chiming in.

Maybe this will make my opinion a little clearer

https://www.soundclick.com/html5/v3/player.cfm?type=single&songid=12433258&q=hi&newref=1

well then, thanks for chiming in.

Maybe this will make my opinion a little clearer

https://www.soundclick.com/html5/v3/player.cfm?type=single&songid=12433258&q=hi&newref=1

Wow, you sure showed me; a parody song by someone with an agenda. At this point in my career, I certainly would have to think long and hard about taking another gig with iHeartRadio, but as a radio professional, I can also admit that they do create some great product throughout this industry. Honestly, the same can be said about all of the major players in radio right now. But you show your true professionalism with the incessant puns that haven't been funny for years.

Have a great day.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom