• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

First blood in Entercom/CBS Merger

pab

Leading Participant
Within minutes of the Entercom/CBS merger being made final, the first stations have fallen.

Within a half hour of Entercom's takeover, 92.3 in New York flipped from AMP to Alternative. An hour later, AMP died in Los Angeles, again being flipped to Alternative.

Looks like the new bosses are literally not wasting any time in cleaning up some of CBS's recent mistakes.

Anyone willing to bet on 96.5 being one of the next flips today? Maybe the time has finally come for KYW-FM 96.5.

Within minutes of the Entercom/CBS merger being made final, the first stations have fallen.

Within a half hour of Entercom's takeover, 92.3 in New York flipped from AMP to Alternative. An hour later, AMP died in Los Angeles, again being flipped to Alternative.

Looks like the new bosses are literally not wasting any time in cleaning up some of CBS's recent mistakes.

Anyone willing to bet on 96.5 being one of the next flips today? Maybe the time has finally come for KYW-FM 96.5.

I believe you mean AMP in Dallas flipped, not Los Angeles. Entercom already has KROQ in LA.

I don't see anything happening to 96.5. KYW would have already made the move if they were going to instantly. Plus, financially, it would make no sense. They'd lose the revenue stream of 1060 and 96.5 separately. 1060 would essentially become useless since there's nothing else they could put on that frequency. So until they're threatened to, they're not going to put KYW on 96.5. They're not going to flip to Alt with WRFF around (and the piece of advertiser $$ being too small to split).

They didn't mess with the subs yet, still airing junk, especially on the 3...had to edit just heard alice in chains and the killers on the 3 then back to IhearPhilly, I wonder if they are going to put alternative on their HD3, or was it a glitch, I will keep monitoring...very strange.

Last edited:
I believe you mean AMP in Dallas flipped, not Los Angeles. Entercom already has KROQ in LA.

I don't see anything happening to 96.5. KYW would have already made the move if they were going to instantly. Plus, financially, it would make no sense. They'd lose the revenue stream of 1060 and 96.5 separately. 1060 would essentially become useless since there's nothing else they could put on that frequency. So until they're threatened to, they're not going to put KYW on 96.5. They're not going to flip to Alt with WRFF around (and the piece of advertiser $$ being too small to split).

100%

100.3 FM Los Angeles changed owners from Entercom to K-Love though at the same time Entercom was on its way to taking over KNX, KRTH in the Los Angeles cluster formerly known as CBS radio though.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom