• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Changes coming to

96.5 HD 2.

They have a recorder saying THIS IS 96.5 HD2, Smooth Jazz has moved to HD 3 please preset your radio to HD 3.

Also seems like KLOL HD2 LA GRANDE is programming original programming from Houston. No mention of 107.5 from Dallas Fort Worth at all.

96.5 HD 2.

They have a recorder saying THIS IS 96.5 HD2, Smooth Jazz has moved to HD 3 please preset your radio to HD 3.

Also seems like KLOL HD2 LA GRANDE is programming original programming from Houston. No mention of 107.5 from Dallas Fort Worth at all.

Old news, that announcement on 96.5 has been going on almost a year. Annoying if you ask me - why change it at all if they weren't going to do anything to HD-2 but run the announcement for a year?

KHMX FM 96.5 HD2 has been broadcasting the same nonsense on HD2 about Smooth Jazz moving to HD3 since last December, eleven months ago! So, I've been tuning in to HD2 occasionally and expecting to hear the new programming to replace Smooth Jazz, wondering why they just didn't leave Smooth Jazz on HD2 and place whatever new programming was envisioned on HD3. Even worse, the entire time, including today, Smooth Jazz on HD3 has been announcing itself as "The Wave, Keeping Smooth Jazz on the air in Houston, KHMX HD2." Yes, for eleven months, the HD3 signal has ID'd itself as HD2 which I noted on a different thread last spring. No one at CBS is listening to its own signal - for almost a year!

No one at CBS is listening to its own signal - for almost a year!

CBS Radio had nothing to replace it with. Perhaps the deal with a radio diginet fell through (failure to launch or extensive negotiating)? But Entercom replaced it a week after the closing. (See other thread.)

But Smooth Jazz before it was turned off a week before the close was still identifying itself as HD-2. Guess there wasn't money in the budget for a new voiceover just for 2 words with that announcer.

I just purchased a 2016 Focus SE, how do I get an HD radio to work in it? My car has USB, AUX and Bluetooth but no HD RADIO is there a place where I can get an HD RADIO added to it?

Every car I’ve had since 2011 has had HD radio. Might be the model you bought. Something I would check for while scoping out new cars

I just purchased a 2016 Focus SE, how do I get an HD radio to work in it? My car has USB, AUX and Bluetooth but no HD RADIO is there a place where I can get an HD RADIO added to it?

I believe Ford only has HD Radio on the premium sound packages pre-2017. If you really want to add HD Radio without ruining your dashboard with an ugly aftermarket unit, try AAMP's iSimple or PAC adapters. They build adapters that add HD Radio and iPod/iPhone support to factory Head Units that don't have them. I've used them in the past when iPods were popular and was extremely satisfied with their integration.

The only downside is that it's a bit costly (probably +150). In my opinion, you should just skip it. It's a terrible technology in my opinion. Embrace the power of your smartphone and use the cloud.

I believe Ford only has HD Radio on the premium sound packages pre-2017.

It's included with "MyFordTouch" (aka the large touch-screen radio) on the 2016 models... I was looking at an F-150 that had it prior to buying my RAM last year. Even on the RAM, HD Radio isn't included unless you opt for the Nav package... which isn't standard, even on the $50,000 Laramie package...

I believe Ford only has HD Radio on the premium sound packages pre-2017. If you really want to add HD Radio without ruining your dashboard with an ugly aftermarket unit, try AAMP's iSimple or PAC adapters. They build adapters that add HD Radio and iPod/iPhone support to factory Head Units that don't have them. I've used them in the past when iPods were popular and was extremely satisfied with their integration.

The only downside is that it's a bit costly (probably +150). In my opinion, you should just skip it. It's a terrible technology in my opinion. Embrace the power of your smartphone and use the cloud.

Where can I get that?

I seen those at BEST BUY, but all I see is those to add BLUETOOTH to vehicles. I have Bluetooth. But no HD RADIO

https://pac-audio.com/catalog/ipod-and-smartphone-integration/

Look for your vehicle and see if it is compatible. Personally, I wouldn't do it. HD Radio isn't worth it. Whatever you want to get from HD Radio, you can find online. Save yourself the money and hassle and just use your Bluetooth. HD Radio is a gimmick that I hardly ever used in my old car.

How is it a gimmick? I had a rental car and it worked awesome. I had no dropouts, no lost of signal I had non of the problems that many people complain about.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom