Friday Nov 17, 96.5 @ Noon

Thread: Friday Nov 17, 96.5 @ Noon

Friday Nov 17, 96.5 @ Noon

KOIT goes ALL Christmas 24 hours a day.

Let me be the first to wish each and everyone of you, a Very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!!!

http://www.chicagotribune.com/busine...117-story.html

Also Entercom leaves 96.5 FM and Bonneville takes over KOIT Radio today.

Entercom moves to KCBS radio today.

Will Bonneville keep the format for KOIT, When there done with Christmas?

Moderator/Assistant Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by MarioMania View Post
    If you were getting the highest billing FM station in the market, would you change the format?
    www.americanradiohistory.com
    Broadcasting Magazine and Yearbooks, RCA Broadcast News, Television Magazine, Radio Annual, Radio News, Sponsor, Television/Radio Age, R&R, Duncan's American Radio, M Street Directory, Broadcast Engineering, db, and more.

Quote Originally Posted by MarioMania View Post
    Bonneville is back at it again with KOIT. No Mario, I would imagine they will NOT change the format come December 26th.
    I got out of the business before it sucked the life out of me.
    Now I just play radio online at www.allthebestoldies.com.

That's good to hear

Quote Originally Posted by stewie View Post
    Bonneville is back at it again with KOIT. No Mario, I would imagine they will NOT change the format come December 26th.
    As long as they don't bring back "Light Rock, Lesssss Talk," I'm happy. That slogan was getting to be fingernails on a chalkboard.

Quote Originally Posted by LKellerIII View Post
    As long as they don't bring back "Light Rock, Lesssss Talk," I'm happy. That slogan was getting to be fingernails on a chalkboard.
    Agree. "Light Rock, Lesssss Talk" is tired.
    I got out of the business before it sucked the life out of me.
    Now I just play radio online at www.allthebestoldies.com.

Quote Originally Posted by stewie View Post
    Agree. "Light Rock, Lesssss Talk" is tired.
    Given that Bonneville's two AC stations have slogans "Better Music For A Better Workday" (KSFI) and "Real. Music. Variety." (KOSI), it's pretty unlikely that the "Light Rock, Less Talk" will be brought back. Not to mention very few AC stations call themselves "lite rock" or "soft rock," even eschewing many songs that are considered "soft rock."

Quote Originally Posted by Radio Radio Listener View Post
    Given that Bonneville's two AC stations have slogans "Better Music For A Better Workday" (KSFI) and "Real. Music. Variety." (KOSI), it's pretty unlikely that the "Light Rock, Less Talk" will be brought back. Not to mention very few AC stations call themselves "lite rock" or "soft rock," even eschewing many songs that are considered "soft rock."
    I think you're right. But I'll note that Bonneville was using "Light Rock, Less Talk" at KOIT years after their playlist starting including mainstream pop and rock, like Springsteen. Also, there wasn't really less talk either, since most pop stations had put the damper on excess DJ chatter years ago. If anything, KOIT with their live DJs might have had a little more talk. I was tuned in one Sunday about 7 or 8 years ago when Bobby Ocean kept chattering away as long as he wanted, probably more than he ever did on KFRC. Maybe they let him because he was "The Osh." Or maybe he figured nobody was paying attention on Sunday morning.