• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Friday Nov 17, 96.5 @ Noon

1069_KIFR

Star Participant
KOIT goes ALL Christmas 24 hours a day.

Let me be the first to wish each and everyone of you, a Very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!!!

Will Bonneville keep the format for KOIT, When there done with Christmas?

If you were getting the highest billing FM station in the market, would you change the format?

Bonneville is back at it again with KOIT. No Mario, I would imagine they will NOT change the format come December 26th.

As long as they don't bring back "Light Rock, Lesssss Talk," I'm happy. That slogan was getting to be fingernails on a chalkboard.

Agree. "Light Rock, Lesssss Talk" is tired.

Given that Bonneville's two AC stations have slogans "Better Music For A Better Workday" (KSFI) and "Real. Music. Variety." (KOSI), it's pretty unlikely that the "Light Rock, Less Talk" will be brought back. Not to mention very few AC stations call themselves "lite rock" or "soft rock," even eschewing many songs that are considered "soft rock."

Given that Bonneville's two AC stations have slogans "Better Music For A Better Workday" (KSFI) and "Real. Music. Variety." (KOSI), it's pretty unlikely that the "Light Rock, Less Talk" will be brought back. Not to mention very few AC stations call themselves "lite rock" or "soft rock," even eschewing many songs that are considered "soft rock."

I think you're right. But I'll note that Bonneville was using "Light Rock, Less Talk" at KOIT years after their playlist starting including mainstream pop and rock, like Springsteen. Also, there wasn't really less talk either, since most pop stations had put the damper on excess DJ chatter years ago. If anything, KOIT with their live DJs might have had a little more talk. I was tuned in one Sunday about 7 or 8 years ago when Bobby Ocean kept chattering away as long as he wanted, probably more than he ever did on KFRC. Maybe they let him because he was "The Osh." :cool: Or maybe he figured nobody was paying attention on Sunday morning.

https://news.radio-online.com/cgi-bin/rol.exe/headline_id=n34934

Update Mary Lea Wagner becomes general sales manager of KOIT and KMVQ according to Bonneville.

Bonneville hires Mary Lea Wagner as General Sales Manager for AC KOIT-FM and CHR KMVQ-FM (99.7 Now)/San Francisco. She'll oversee all sales for the two stations. Most recently, Wagner was General Sales Manager for KSWD-FM/Los Angeles. She's also managed CBS Radio's National Sales office in San Francisco as well as the Cox Media-owned television stations' national rep firm in both San Francisco and Los Angeles.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom