• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Will AMP become ALT?

So far, the playlist seems a bit like what The Edge was doing: an alt-40 like playlist with typical bands i.e Linkin Park and Green Day, "Seven Nation Army" and "Smells Like Teen Spirit" with some currents. I know, it's a start and yes, it's weird seeing KVIL as alternative and KDGE as AC, but glad to hear the format back in DFW.

Somebody is doing some trolling. alt1037.com now redirects to the Barney Theme Song on Youtube. I guess the domain registration was a blocker move after all.

The website is actually alt1037radio.com, but then again the streaming that it only has doesn't work.

At least it can't happen in cities that already have the Alt name with different owners, such as Alt 98.7 in Los Angeles, owned by iHeart, so I don't see KAMP flip to Alternative.

At least it can't happen in cities that already have the Alt name with different owners, such as Alt 98.7 in Los Angeles, owned by iHeart, so I don't see KAMP flip to Alternative.

That would eliminate Boston, too, as WBOS there identifies as Alt 92.9.

Anyone else notice how repetitive Alt is? I heard many of the same songs multiple times in the same day and over the weekend.

I haven’t listened as much but it seems less grungey than the Edge was, which is a good thing IMO.

Speaking of AMP Radio, WQMP has went from 101.9 (or it should've been called 102) AMP Radio to ALT 101.9, joining the ALT craze that Entercom is expanding on.

The switch took place at 3:00pm this afternoon.

I haven’t listened as much but it seems less grungey than the Edge was, which is a good thing IMO.

Overtime, it's slowly getting better music wise, except you do hear some of the same songs over and over. But at least I haven't heard Evanescence, Creed, or Metallica like what Edge did before.

Speaking of AMP Radio, WQMP has went from 101.9 (or it should've been called 102) AMP Radio to ALT 101.9, joining the ALT craze that Entercom is expanding on.

The switch took place at 3:00pm this afternoon.

Wonder what this means with WOCL's HD2 station (which is also alternative as "O-Rock")?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom