• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Is ben fm safe

HELLO my name is Cass Rowland IV i am new to this website and this is my first post ever i just want to know the radio station that i listen to which are 95.7 Ben FM radio 104.5 93.3 wmmr and Real 106.1 are any of those stations in danger for a complete format change i would appreciate it if someone please gives me an reply as soon as possible thank you very much

Out of all,of those, WMMR is probably as close to a sure thing to be around for a long time as you could get. Real 106 is too soon to know anything of value.

Out of all,of those, WMMR is probably as close to a sure thing to be around for a long time as you could get. Real 106 is too soon to know anything of value.

Agreed 100%. WMMR is definitely the safest of that bunch and WISX isn't going anywhere anytime soon simply because they're brand new. Probably one of the most precarious stations in the market is Radio 104.5 so I'll hate to see it go but it won't surprise me at all when it happens. BEN-FM somehow seems to survive in any condition but that may simply be because there's really nothing else to do with it that fits with the rest of the cluster.

WRFF isn’t going anywhere but up, in fact, with all the new live talent they just invested in, and the interest and love they have for the format, (give them a 10 minute listen and you’ll see what I mean), they are probably the safest FM signal on the dial...

WRFF isn’t going anywhere but up, in fact, with all the new live talent they just invested in, and the interest and love they have for the format, (give them a 10 minute listen and you’ll see what I mean), they are probably the safest FM signal on the dial...

I disagree. The addition of some new live talent may be a last moment trial to see if they can change the demos and perception of the station.

WRFF is 17th in billings, and that means they bill less than one-fifth of what WBEB bills (and about half of what WBEN bills).

Just for fun: If Entercom puts something other than AC on 96.5 (a KYW simulcast, for example), does Beasley or iHeart take one of their lesser performing stations AC? Philly would be lacking in contemporary pop-based formats. 106.1 is Rhythmic AC. You'd just have Q102 and MoreFM. No pop Hot AC in the market. (Well, there is Christian AC on 106.9 ... not counting that for discussion purposes.)
Speaking of AC stations, nearby, WJBR in Wilmington just fired their PD/morning host and her morning co-host. It's a Beasley station. WSTW, which for years has straddled PopCHR and AdultCHR, has been beating WJBR in Wilmington 12+ the last couple of years.

Fun Ben tidbit—the APD and afternoon host is joining WJBR. So will the powers that be stick with an afternoon “show” on Ben with a new host or ditch it? They had some fun stuff there—little features like a cover song and live recording each day.

Still never knew why one of the two powerhouses off Naamans road never flipped to either Alternative or straight up Rock. Although one was Rock 94/Rock 93.7 way back in the late 70's, and had Graffiti Radio on their HD2 a few years back.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom