• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Ktwv HD3

According to Wikipedia, 94.7 broadcasts...

HD1 - Urban AC (KTWV- The Soul of Southern California)
HD2 - Smooth Jazz (Wave Classics)
HD3 - All-News (KNX 1070)

So you're saying KNX is no longer on 94.7 HD 3? As far as I know, all the CBS All-News stations have an FM HD outlet, too. (Except for KCBS San Francisco and WBBM Chicago, which have real FM simulcasts.)

As long they don't touch WAVE CLASSICS Jazz on 94.7 HD2, I'm fine

According to Wikipedia, 94.7 broadcasts...

HD1 - Urban AC (KTWV- The Soul of Southern California)
HD2 - Smooth Jazz (Wave Classics)
HD3 - All-News (KNX 1070)

So you're saying KNX is no longer on 94.7 HD 3? As far as I know, all the CBS All-News stations have an FM HD outlet, too. (Except for KCBS San Francisco and WBBM Chicago, which have real FM simulcasts.)
KTWV will be my lone 'commercial' FM station preset once KSWD 100.3 goes to the heavenly skies. I'm replacing 100.3 classic rock with 91.5 kusc classical. My belief is with EMF taking 100.3 - CBS/Entercom could be preparing to move YTN Korean radio from 100.3 HD2 to 97.1 HD2 and Radio Hamrah 100.3 HD3 to maybe 97.1 HD3? We will see by nov 17th
Joe

Last edited:
My Gut Feeling...KTWV 94.7 HD2 Jazz is 'Toast'

So the KNX HD subchannel is 97.1 KAMP HD2, not 94.7 KTWV HD3. That frees KTWV HD3 to air something else.
I hope I'm wrong here. On Friday, as EMF takes over KSWD and becomes KKLQ 100.3, YTN Korean Radio on 100.3 HD2 moves to 94.7 HD2 and Hamrah Persian Radio on 100.3 HD3 moves to 94.7 HD3 as they are under contract with Entercom. I know a couple who listens to Radio Hamrah. We'll see. Joe

No need for them to go all sports. 8th in the market and top 10 in target demos, and bills very well.

6th in the market in 25-54 based on average of the summer books. And pretty much a tie for 10th in billings. Not a format that needs to be changed.

Radio Hamrah is now broadcasting on 94.7 HD3 as of tonight. Radio Hamrah is also on 100.3 HD3 until tomorrow afternoon

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom