• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

An Australian Court gives the OK for CBS to take over Ten Network

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-11-10/cbs-clears-court-hurdles-to-takeover-network-ten/9138910

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-t...-ten-network-nears-final-hurdle-idUSKBN1DA0UN

Update ABC News (Australian edition) and Reuters have also confirmed that AUstralian Court has given the green light for the CBS and Ten Network Deal to take place

CBS's takeover of the Ten Network has cleared one of its final hurdles with the NSW Supreme Court approving the transfer of Ten's shares to the US network.

A small group of shareholders had challenged the move, arguing the CBS deal was unfair and left them with nothing.

It followed the rejection of a rival bid for the company from media moguls Bruce Gordon and Lachlan Murdoch.

Judge Ashley Black today ruled the share transfer could go ahead, finding there was "no unfair prejudice".

Network Ten's CEO Paul Anderson welcomed the court's decision saying it would provide certainty for the company's staff.

"This is an important time of year for us … we're planning all of our shows for next year as well as doing our advertising deals," he said.

"An owner like CBS, the most successful television network in the US, they've got a huge amount of experience that we can tap into.

"So I think it just gives us certainty and a confidence to go about what we've been doing."

While Ten's administrators KordaMentha gave an undertaking not to start transferring shares until Wednesday, giving the group time to consider an appeal, partner Mark Korda warned further delays could result in significant damages.

"We could lose large advertising contracts, we could have some of our talent resign, we mightn't be able to write new contracts," he said.

"We want to take Channel 10 out of administration and give it a great future so there could be damages, but I'm sure we'll get it settled and it will be fine."

Note ABC News Australia has included a section where some shareholders of Ten Network were against the deal for various reasons that lead to the court to make the decision to approve the CBS/Ten Network Deal.

In watching IPTV online (Something I'm surprised isn't discussed more here) I've found out that CBS had channels for their drama, action, and reality shows in the UK and apparently other parts of the world as well. I'm surprised they aren't doing that with their comedy shows as well. Could they do that in Australia as well?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom