• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Mike Felger ripped for Roy Halladay comment

I think you will to see more cutting opinions --as it were-- as competition veers away from sports, during drive time in particular. They are trying to add female listeners.

Yesterday another show stopped talking about the Celtics to tell us that Trump is really going to take it to Hollywood over the unwanted sexual advances. He failed to mentioned that Trump is on tape bragging about his unwanted sexual advances.

Publicity Stunt for a man of limit ability. He embarrassed his wife Sara Underwood at Ch. 25. Bet she earns more than he does and she has to support the idiot she married.

What an a**hole statement by Felger.

Now I will say that Halladay was probably flying in excess of his skills as a low hour pilot.

I don't know exactly what he was doing but FAA regulations ( it is in Part 91, I forget the verse) limits private pilots without an acrobatic endorsement on their license to dives or climbs to less than 30 degrees, and banks of less than 60 degrees relative to the horizon. Also you must fly at a safe altitude so you can recover. He may have been in Class Echo airspace and able to fly at 500' AGL, but that would not give him room to recover.

I can tell you from experience that when you are banked over at 40 degrees, you are pulling back on the yoke, much more than you would at a standard "2 minute turn" at 40 degrees you are loosing a lot of lift and the plane drops like a rock. It was one of my least favorite training requirements, and I was doing it over water out off of Seabrook.. nice views but not fun.

Unfortunately this is not the first time a MLB pitcher with low hours got in over his skills. Cory Lidle comes to mind, only because I used him of an example in ground school the other night when we were discussing turns in tight areas.

One of my best friends from high school/college died in a single-engine plane crash about a decade ago. He was an accomplished pilot, navy reserve petty officer who worked on aircraft his whole career. So, as they say, crap-happens, even when you're an experienced pilot. I can't imagine an inexperienced pilot trying stupid things like I've heard described, so, in away, Felger had a point IMO. And, that's not to say that he deserved to die, merely to say "well, what do you expect?" given the circumstances.

Via Twitter, EEI's Minihan went to nearby Sports Hub studios w a Fire Felger sign.CBS reported him to BPD for trespassing and he headed back to Guest St (Ent.)

An old adage: "Always fly two mistakes high". Author very intelligent but unknown (assumed to be living).

Via Twitter, EEI's Minihan went to nearby Sports Hub studios w a Fire Felger sign.CBS reported him to BPD for trespassing and he headed back to Guest St (Ent.)

He should have said he was there to inspect the public file....

Let CBS refuse in the middle of a 3 way sale..... it could be fun

He's on 98.5 . I doubt he cares what NBC-whoever does.

He's on 98.5 . I doubt he cares what NBC-whoever does.

I would venture he gets a nice paycheck from NBC's local sports unit, and he would miss the money, exposure, and potential for career growth if it were to go away.

You do understand he does both radio and TV right?

right?
Right. He works a 6 day week during the Fb season. Between he and the 'Wood's paycheck, I think he can afford to "miss" a day or two. Is he working on NBC-something this Sunday (following Pats)?

One could plausibly argue that Halladay was responsible for his own death. That he
had no business being out there, being a rookie pilot, minimally qualified, flying over water, etc.
This was eerily similar to what happened to JFK Jr.

Saying he "deserved it" or "had it coming" is beyond the pale though.

beyond the pale though.

It was not nice: sort of like the Talk Radio biz and most of the people in it.

beyond the pale though.

It was not nice: sort of like the Talk Radio biz and most of the people in it.

Felger is just giving the Budweiser and Bufferin Time Salesmen who become station managers the crap they want. If they didn't want Felger's crap they wouldn't have hired him.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom