• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

What is on 1540 AM in Albany now?

Wimmmex

Star Participant
1540 in Albany was the former 50KW WPTR, right?

I know with call letter swaps, stations bought sold, moved....what is on that frequency now?

If DJRA retains ownership, probably so. I still believe that the signal is viable enough (despite its deficiencies) to make a go of it with some format. If they are interested in saving operating costs, they might consider using MDCL, rather than dropping power. I would have thought they would have done so by now, but I've never been able to find an authorization from the FCC for 1540 to use the technology. Most of the 50KW stations I know (including my own) that have installed the technology have seen in the vicinity of a 35% reduction in electricity costs. It would seem that it would be a perfect fit for WDCD-AM.

If DJRA retains ownership, probably so. I still believe that the signal is viable enough (despite its deficiencies) to make a go of it with some format. If they are interested in saving operating costs, they might consider using MDCL, rather than dropping power. I would have thought they would have done so by now, but I've never been able to find an authorization from the FCC for 1540 to use the technology. Most of the 50KW stations I know (including my own) that have installed the technology have seen in the vicinity of a 35% reduction in electricity costs. It would seem that it would be a perfect fit for WDCD-AM.

Old man Crawford spends on equipment, and uses MDCL at his 50kw stations. Not sure if he installed it at WDCD, but it's a Nautel xmttr. Here's an interesting article from five years ago - like Wibbage & WFIL, there are a lot of people who fondly remember WPTR: http://www.engineeringradio.us/blog/2012/06/hums-no-more/

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom