• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

What HD changes to come locally?

Big shuffle coming.Any thoughts?

--WRKO is on WEEI-FM HD2 and I believe it may also be on a WKAF and WAAF subchannel.WRKO and WKAF going to iHeart so say goodbye to RKO on 93.7 HD2 but it could wind up on subchannel of 97.7, 94.5, 100.7, 101.7 etc

--Heartbreaker...Entercom to take over WMJX.So after new year, will 106.7 HD2 change to something else instead of year round Yule?We know,you want to hear Let It Snow in July.

--WBZ AM is on 98.5 HD3.1030 goes to iHR, 98.5 to Beasley.Another iHeart FM will pick up WBZ AM

--WKOX 1430 is now on WBWL HD2.KOX must be sold so hosts like Rush and Sean may go to RKO
Entercom gets 103.3 and 104.1..what happens to their HDs?(WODS oldies, Mercy Rock, The Cove etc)

Will iHeart keep Mojo Radio blues on 100.7?

This will be very interesting. I would hate to lose the Cove. Also, maybe WMJX HD2 will bring back Smooth Jazz. I'm disappointed that WGBH dosen't have traditional Jazz on one of it's HD2 stations like WCRB for instance.

Big shuffle coming.Any thoughts?

--WRKO is on WEEI-FM HD2 and I believe it may also be on a WKAF and WAAF subchannel.WRKO and WKAF going to iHeart so say goodbye to RKO on 93.7 HD2 but it could wind up on subchannel of 97.7, 94.5, 100.7, 101.7 etc

--Heartbreaker...Entercom to take over WMJX.So after new year, will 106.7 HD2 change to something else instead of year round Yule?We know,you want to hear Let It Snow in July.

--Entercom gets 103.3 and 104.1..what happens to their HDs?(WODS oldies, Mercy Rock, The Cove etc)

Will iHeart keep Mojo Radio blues on 100.7?

WRKO is no longer on a WKAF subchannel. WKAF HD2 is now a WAAF rebroadcast. There's no HD3.

WRKO is also no longer on WAAF HD2, it's now a WEEI-FM rebroadcast. There's no HD3.

I don't think there's any ownership related reason for Entercom to take year 'round X-mas off 106.7 HD2 if it's just a locally programmed jukebox.

I don't know whether all the 103.3 and 104.1 HD channels are CBS programming product or not. If they are, they'll most likely disappear, but if they're just locally programmed jukeboxes, they may stay. I guess Entercom could replace them with their own similar formats, but would they want to put effort and money into creating new HD subchannels nowadays? They only use the ones they currently have in this area to rebroadcast and extend the reach of their other stations.

If Carter Alan is paid anything additional to program "Radio Mojo" than for his work at WZLX, it may go, but I'd imagine Carter is probably on a fixed salary that includes it with his WZLX work.

Via @bostonradio tweet: Gone are WZLX HD 2 Radio Mojo blues and the HD3 the Lounge.WBZ Newsradio gone from WBZ-FM HD3 but the HD2 still has Rock of Boston
Just as iHeart put WKOX on WBWL HD2 I would expect them to find HD homes for WBZ newsradio and RKO

I could see EMF use one of iHeartMedia's HD channels to bring K-Love and Air 1 into Boston. I understand that EMF wants to have a presence in the market, even though they weren't able to acquire any of the stations spun from the Entercom merger.

98.5 is promoting they can be streamed on the tunein app. So there off the radio.com app of course,But there website is still active.

Pats / NFL games can't be streamed on TuneIn except on the premium version.There is a basic version which includes ads.Pro is a 1 time payment that allows recording and has no ads (I have that) while premium has a bunch of benefits.

Tried hearing Pats game on TuneIn Pro but couldn't though my phone has XM All Access which does have the games (at a work building with limited FM recep...I have radios or the NextRadio app but can't always get 98.5 clearly there)

The only change I’ve seen so far is “Mercy rock” Christian rock on 104.1 replaced with “tomorrow’s hits today.” As far as I know, it was always WEEI, not WRKO, on 107.3 HD2. I would expect at some point 93.7 HD2 (WRKO), 97.7 HD2 (WRKO), and 98.5 HD3 (WBZ), will change, but oddly they haven’t yet. iHeart has apparently not taken over WRKO yet, as I guess it might be in a trust until 1430 is sold.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom