• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Westwood One Partner With the 2017 CMA Awards

Y2kTheNewOldies

Walk of Fame Participant
http://news.radio-online.com/cgi-bin/rol.exe/headline_id=n34855

Cumulus will air the Country Music Awards the Radio Edition for Nash affiliates.

Westwood One and Cumulus Media, the official national radio partners for "The 51st Annual CMA Awards," will offer to radio stations five hours of programming and content celebrating Country Music's best music and brightest stars. The special coverage of the 2017 CMA Awards will be offered as five hours of programming to all time zones with coverage of the 2017 CMA Awards, beginning at 7pm ET. Country superstars Brad Paisley and Carrie Underwood will preside over the evening, returning as hosts for the 10th consecutive year.

Cumulus Media/Westwood One's programming includes "Countdown to the 2017 CMA Awards" hosted by NASH Nights Live co-host Elaina Smith. A live radio simulcast of ABC-TV's Broadcast of "The 51st Annual CMA Awards" and "The 2017 CMA Awards Wrap Up Show." After the ABC-TV telecast, Cumulus Media/Westwood One will present a special edition of NASH Nights Live, hosted by Shawn Parr and Elaina Smith.

I really liked the way they handled Las Vegas and the other tragedies that should have made it unacceptable to tell jokes and sing silly songs. I liked all the jokes and silly songs that they told us they "couldn't" do. Did those air on the radio?

The tribute to Troy of Montgomery Gentry is when I started crying.

God bless you and his family and Eddie always!!!

Holly

P.S. I wonder where Eddie plans on going from here. Will he sing alone, retire, or find another person to be a duo with?

We're still talking about the TV show, I assume. I fast-forwarded through nearly all the musical performances. Little Big Town doing "Wichita Lineman" and Alan Jackson were the exceptions. But I did see Eddie Montgomery and I assume that was when they remembered Troy. I didn't stop on that.

What I want to know is how to see who was listed when they showed who died. I saw very few names and couldn't even see faces. We don't all have big screens.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom