• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

The Holiday Lite

Holiday music begins tomorrow November 7, 2017 at 4:37 pm on 93.9 FM. Due to extreme high ratings, the format change comes very early in November.

From what i heard said it starts at 4:35 so you are two minutes off, so if anybody listens to the station that doesn't want to hear Christmas music they better listen up until then.

I noticed their Christmas playlist is less than years past. Also, more reps this year. Anyone else notice some changes?

I noticed their Christmas playlist is less than years past. Also, more reps this year. Anyone else notice some changes?

I haven't really noticed, are they trying to shorter up their playlist to more current artists and not even ones like say Bing Crosby and Elvis Presley that have been long dead?

I don't think so. The standard Christmas playlist is pretty well researched and doesn't vary too much within companies such as iHeart, Cumulus, CBS, Entercom, etc.

As I write this, the past three songs were...

Christmas Song--Nat King Cole
Hark The Herald Angels Sing--Percy Faith
Jingle Bell Rock--Bobby Helm

All artists of the past with songs recorded in the 1950s and 60s. According to studies, this is the music the audience prefers, even younger listeners. Notice that there are almost no songs recorded since 2000, and of those, nearly all are new interpretations of past Christmas hits. So we hear Michael Buble sing "Winter Wonderland" and Faith Hill sing "Holly Jolly Christmas."

I just noticed that there are at least a few songs that have been removed from their playlist this year. I also noticed sooner repeats this year than in years past. Just an observation.

I just noticed that there are at least a few songs that have been removed from their playlist this year. I also noticed sooner repeats this year than in years past. Just an observation.

Really to be honest, other then the first day when i turned in to see what the first Christmas song was going to be, I haven't really listened so far, but i am going to soon, so i haven't really heard what the playlist as by like, or how often they have bene repeating songs. then I know the first song that played was Mariah Caray's All I want for Christmas is you

The past few years, when I think of WLIT, the first thing that comes to mind (any time of the year) is Mariah Caray's "All I Want for Christmas is You" since they play it so frequently this time of year :rolleyes:

I like to think of Mariah Carey too. :D

In all seriousness though, I have to endure this with the kids EVERY morning taking them to school... Still better than 104.3 Jamz though... I don't mind it overall, but not before we've even eaten the turkey yet...

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom