• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Network feed 'muzak'?

Not sure if this is the right forum, but whatever...

Last night I was on a remote radio receiver/SDR near Edmonton AB, and around midnight MT I heard smooth jazz under KBUL Billings on 970. No announcements or top-of-hour ID. KUFO Portland wasn't a match but WDAY Fargo's stream was a match. Non-stop smooth jazz and instrumental guitar music, some instrumental remix stuff as well.
Since WDAY is news/talk, I assume they forgot to switch to Red Eye Radio from some other program. The Sunday schedule shows NFL football, followed by Leo LaPorte and Dave Ramsey.

I know NFL would be Westwood One and I think they air a looped announcement and tone when programming ends on the sat feed. I think Leo LaPorte is Premiere Networks, and Dave Ramsey is also Westwood One but on a separate feed. So for you radio board and satellite folks, which syndicator feeds smooth jazz/muzak stuff when there isn't any programming? It was nice and relaxing music BTW, too bad they don't do this every night! Thanks!

Dave Ramsey feeds 24/7 shows, so that stations can air him in any time slot. As far as I know, WW1 still airs a identification loop on their sports channels.

I suspect that this was the Test Channel from Premiere Networks, which did air soft instrumental music last I checked.

Ah, thanks! I'm guessing WDAY's NFL coverage ran long, and plus we had the fall back to Central Standard Time, so maybe the automation failed when Leo LaPorte's show ended. Perhaps the channel that feeds the Tech Guy's show airs instrumental music during other times. Surprised I didn't hear any other stations last night screwing up with the time switch.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom