• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WNIC Christmas Flip

Detroit is a market that has two major stations which usually flip to Christmas music every year, AC WNIC and Classic Hits WOMC. In NYC, LA and Chicago, it's usually just one. And in some rare instances, none do, such as Atlanta and Miami... but that is unusual. (I'm not counting Christian Contemporary stations.)

In Detroit, I suppose when one flips, the other follows within hours?

First, really nice to see you posting back here, Gregg!

Next, WNIC generally flips early and WOMC goes later, often in December. They may change it up this year. When they did flip earlier last time, it did cut significantly into WNICs seasonal dominance, but last year WNIC ran away with it again.

WNIC did announce the switch would happen this week. They hadn't switched as of yesterday. I'll check later today.

The switch happened on 11/9. So far WNIC is the only one in Detroit playing Christmas music, at least full time.

I cannot stand their Christmas playlist anymore.
Ever since Tony Travatto became PD, they just play the same 10 songs over and over by different artists. sigh

It is a somewhat tight list of songs. I suspect WOMC will start heavy Christmas music somewhere around Dec. 11th.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom