Christmas music vs. winter music - Page 11
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Christmas music vs. winter music

On the subject of religious themes, "Christmas Is A-Comin'" uses the words "God bless you" a lot.

Today is Christmas in some parts of the world, and tomorrow in other places.

And anything referring to the magi is legal through tomorrow. But I doubt any stations other than Christian stations would bother.

Quote Originally Posted by vchimpanzee View Post

Today is Christmas in some parts of the world, and tomorrow in other places.
    That time of year again......vchimp, have you heard "It's Christmastime, All Over the World" by Sammy Davis Jr.?
    Celebrating 63 Years of Rock & Roll Memories!

Quote Originally Posted by oldies76 View Post
    That time of year again......vchimp, have you heard "It's Christmastime, All Over the World" by Sammy Davis Jr.?
    It was on an album my parents had which was one of the first I ever listened to.

Hard to believe it is that time of the year again, WLIT in Chicago made their annual switch at 4:05 this past Thursday, so far I haven't heard any Christmas music yet

Quote Originally Posted by staggmovie View Post
    Hard to believe it is that time of the year again, WLIT in Chicago made their annual switch at 4:05 this past Thursday, so far I haven't heard any Christmas music yet
    Yeah, many stations are going later this year, than last. That's a good thing.
    Celebrating 63 Years of Rock & Roll Memories!

Yeah, many stations are going later this year, than last. That's a good thing.
    Expect for SiriusXM

WKIM 98.9 in Memphis started on Nov. 1, probably to get a head start on WRVR 104.5, who usually starts later in the month.

Quote Originally Posted by staggmovie View Post
    Expect for SiriusXM
    Well, you're PAYING for that!

Quote Originally Posted by anotherguy View Post
    WKIM 98.9 in Memphis started on Nov. 1, probably to get a head start on WRVR 104.5, who usually starts later in the month.
    Let me know if that makes any difference in the ratings in Memphis. 'RVR is usually the go-to station for Christmas music in the bluff city (regardless of when they start!) and I seriously doubt that any upstart (even if they start earlier) can make any difference there.

[QUOTE=firepoint525;6230606]Well, you're PAYING for that!

I am not myself

Quote Originally Posted by firepoint525 View Post
    Let me know if that makes any difference in the ratings in Memphis. 'RVR is usually the go-to station for Christmas music in the bluff city (regardless of when they start!) and I seriously doubt that any upstart (even if they start earlier) can make any difference there.
    Last year 98.9 changed to Christmas music because of stunting until the change after Christmas to AC, which would compete with WRVR. For this year I don't think it's because of changing formats again after Christmas, but I think they're trying to beat WRVR to the punch. But then who knows? They could change again after Christmas.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast