Christmas music vs. winter music - Page 12
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Christmas music vs. winter music

Quote Originally Posted by staggmovie View Post
    I am not myself
    If you're a subscriber, you are!
    Quote Originally Posted by anotherguy View Post
    Last year 98.9 changed to Christmas music because of stunting until the change after Christmas to AC, which would compete with WRVR. For this year I don't think it's because of changing formats again after Christmas, but I think they're trying to beat WRVR to the punch. But then who knows? They could change again after Christmas.
    If they name-change to "Christmas 98.9" or something like that, it could be indicative of another format change. If they stick with the same imaging and branding that they have had all year, then they will likely revert back to standard AC once the holidays are over.

I learned that last year when our classic hits station at 93.3 went all-Christmas right before Thanksgiving. They stayed with their usual name and reverted back to regular format for the week between Christmas and New Year's. (Not sure if they are planning to do that again this year, but I'm hoping not, since we already have TWO perennial Christmas flippers here, and don't need any more!)

[QUOTE=firepoint525;6230788]If you're a subscriber, you are!
    I am not a subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by firepoint525 View Post
    If you're a subscriber, you are!
    If they name-change to "Christmas 98.9" or something like that, it could be indicative of another format change. If they stick with the same imaging and branding that they have had all year, then they will likely revert back to standard AC once the holidays are over.
    They're still going by The Bridge or Christmas Bridge in their bumpers, so I'm guessing that they'll stay AC after Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by anotherguy View Post
    They're still going by The Bridge or Christmas Bridge in their bumpers, so I'm guessing that they'll stay AC after Christmas.
    Okay, thanks. Shows you how out of touch I am! I referred to them as KIM-FM in one of these threads! (although I can't find it now)

Meanwhile, here in Nashville, the FISH will probably tease out some Christmas tuneage tomorrow afternoon, if previous years are any indication. They usually bust out some Christmas tunes on the Saturday before Thanksgiving.

We have had some "Christmas-y" weather here this week, but fortunately no snow yet, just flurries. I understand that y'all down in the weststate had an inch or two of snow already this week! Keep it there! We don't want it here! At least not yet. (Cheatham Co., where I live, was on a two-hour delay yesterday. Can't imagine why, unless it was just out of precaution. Snow wasn't even predicted here!)

Updating here, the FISH flips on Nov. 20th, which is a Tuesday. Strange for them to change over on a Tuesday, but that is what I am seeing on their website today.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112