• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

October 2017 Ratings

umfan

Star Participant
http://ratings.radio-online.com/cgi-bin/rol.exe/arb011

WNIC on top even before the Christmas flip. They've had a good year. Certainly a bright spot in the iHeart Media portfolio. WCSX saw a big gain for #2. Listeners appear to be moving to talk from sports as baseball ended. WOMC was #3 and The Ticket saw a drop for #4. They may not have a great winter with the Wings and Pistons looking to be just so-so, although the Pistons are currently in first place and the Lions airing on WJR. Speaking of WJR, they had a bump to end up back in the Top 10. WWJ also had a gain, they are in #5 as they head into the time of year where they experience their highest ratings. WRIF had a slight bump, but 105.1 saw a half point drop. Classic Hip-Hop has been very volatile in terms of ratings in this market. There is a WXYT-STR and I have no idea what that would be.

A big surprise is Superstation 910. While a 0.5 share is not a big deal generally, it does seem that Adell is finally getting some listeners over there. I think he'd do better to add some syndicated talkers, but then he'd actually have to sell advertising instead of brokered time. Either way, that's the most listeners 910 has had in years even going back to when they were Radio Disney.

The continuing decline of WYCD since the death of afternoon drive Linda Lee is interesting.

Actually, they saw a drop when NASH came into the market, but have recently had their best ratings since then in recent months. I think dropping Dr. Don had more ratings impact that Linda's untimely passing.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom