• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

World Series on Radio?

tjguitar85

Regular Participant
I tried to find the World Series on Radio tonight when I was on my home from work. 620 had the Coyotes. 98.7 had the Suns. 910 and 1580 didn't have coverage. Is the World Series just not on radio out here? I can't believe it.

ESPN Radio 620 has the rights. Because TMISU owns the rights to all local teams, there is no place to put most of the baseball postseason. Try AM 700 out of SLC for Game 7.

Game should be on 98.7 FM tomorrow with just the Suns in action against the Washington Wizards. No Coyotes to worry about tomorrow. The Suns game is at 4:00 so that will be on 620 AM with Game 7 of the World Series on 98.7 at 5:00 (if they preempt Burns & Gambo) or 6:00 once Burns & Gambo is over. Come hell or high water, Game 7 of the World Series will be on one of the Bonneville stations tomorrow in Phoenix.

Game should be on 98.7 FM tomorrow with just the Suns in action against the Washington Wizards. No Coyotes to worry about tomorrow. The Suns game is at 4:00 so that will be on 620 AM with Game 7 of the World Series on 98.7 at 5:00 (if they preempt Burns & Gambo) or 6:00 once Burns & Gambo is over. Come hell or high water, Game 7 of the World Series will be on one of the Bonneville stations tomorrow in Phoenix.

I'm guessing that the game, if it airs locally at all, will be joined in progress at 6, since it starts at 5:20 and only an inning or two will be missed. 98.7 almost never preempts any part of Burns and Gambo unless it's for a Cardinals game.

Heard on-air today on Arizona Sports 98.7 FM that Burns & Gambo will in fact be preempted for Game 7 of the World Series right at 5:20 P.M., just in time for first pitch so none of the game will be missed.

Should be a great game, this World Series has been unbelievable so far and the ratings have been pretty good. The World Series actually beat Sunday Night Football on Sunday night! That's unheard of!

Heard on-air today on Arizona Sports 98.7 FM that Burns & Gambo will in fact be preempted for Game 7 of the World Series right at 5:20 P.M., just in time for first pitch so none of the game will be missed.

Should be a great game, this World Series has been unbelievable so far and the ratings have been pretty good. The World Series actually beat Sunday Night Football on Sunday night! That's unheard of!

Game 7 turned out to be pretty much a dud in that most of the scoring happened early.

BTW How was Bonneville allowed to pick up all of the local rights? You never would have seen something like in LA. Then again, having listened to 98.7 in the car, sports on FM sounds so much better than AM, so that is definitely a plus.

The World Series actually beat Sunday Night Football on Sunday night! That's unheard of!

Wonder why?? Either way, Baseball is America's real Pastime. Too bad my Dodgers fell short by a game. :(

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom