• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Annalisa is back home

Or as the press release says: "their top-rated 10@10 show.

What was the 10@10 show?

For San Francisco Audiences 10@10 was a segment where the host picks 10 songs from a specific year.
KFOG was never top rated though. It had a following and its fans were called Fogheads. The real top rated stations in San Francisco are KQED NPR News/talk affiliate, KCBS Radio all news, KOIT the top music station in San Francisco and KNBR Sports/talk.

For San Francisco Audiences 10@10 was a segment where the host picks 10 songs from a specific year.

Would it be fair to say it was a popular feature? (I am wondering what the appeal is....seems to be enough to warrant a mention in the press release...)

What happened to Phipps? He quietly disappeared.

I wonder if he was bounced from the PD chair too.

DJ's get 2 in the hat and disappear from WXRV on a regular basis, Lisa Garvey and Rita Carey come to mind , it is a revolving door there for many on and off air positions

great quote about WXRV "

Northeast Broadcasting is a 1-owner crackpot company that can make decisions on a whim....and is answerable to no one. I can only think fo one jock that survived there and left on their own...and that would be Bob Stuart. Otherwise its a place where DJ's go to be eventually fire

Last edited:
Matt Phipps was let go about a month ago. In River time he had a long run as PD. I was told by someone still working there that Annalisa is also handling the PD role but for how long remains to be seen.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom