• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Twitter bans Russia Today and Sputnik from advertising on its service

Interesting how the management of Twitter can come to this conclusion
when thusfar the FBI has failed to do so.

Didn't Facebook face a similar investigation over Trump/Putin and the management had to disclose that somebody in Putin's cabinet was spreading "fake news" to a special investigator.

They way I understand it Facebook looked into the matter internally and said it had sold about
$4700 worth of ads to a Russian entity which it thought *may* have been trying to swing the election.

If Vlad Putin can swing the election to Trump with five grand worth of Facebook ads he truly IS
some sort of evil genius.

The real problem wasn't the ads they bought. It was using social media to perpetuate false stories. It's still happening now.

Not only from the KGB.

I am sure this technique has been mastered by many people with an agenda to push,
both here domestically and across the globe.

Not sure as a practical matter what can be done about it.

Yet RT is allowed to operate a studio a few blocks from the White House.
If they are such a threat somebody should have done something about that.

um, it wasn't deleted, it was deactivated for 11 minutes due to an angry Twitter employee who was quiting the company, Twitter restored it very quickly instead of announcing he was permanently or temporary banned from the account due what he said in his tweets.

Yet RT is allowed to operate a studio a few blocks from the White House.
If they are such a threat somebody should have done something about that.

Actually Congress recently withdrew all the RT press access credentials to Capitol Hill events and locations.

Strangely RT was recently added to my news channel line-up on DirecTV.

I noticed Thom Hartmann's evening show is no longer in the lineup.
I suppose he had to quit working for Russians in order to keep his fans happy.

Of course ol' Larry King is still doddering along on there.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/tech...-transparent-ahead-russia-hearings/807707001/

This is what I meant here its facebook having to respond to Russian connections and twitter is feeling the heat that its competitor is facing in terms of how to deal with the Putin Cabinet allegations.

https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/social...-silence-cambridge-analytica-data-use-n858606

Facebook in a new scandal over its data going to Cambridge Analytica and yes the Russian connection is at play here.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom