• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

London, Ontario AM Bandscan Highlights

At 50K or more, 750 in Caracas would be like a local in Bonaire, no?

While the Caracas stations are not on the coast, but a little bit inland, there is some attenuation in the rough mountains in between. But the rest of the way, about 250 km, is open salt water. So 750 should be a good signal on Bonaire. I used to get it easily on bandscans in southern Puerto Rico from the 70's to the 90's, That one and 710 were about the best Caracas signals, although 710 had interference locally.

.... 750 should be a good signal on Bonaire. I used to get it easily on bandscans in southern Puerto Rico from the 70's to the 90's, That one and 710 were about the best Caracas signals, although 710 had interference locally.

What about 670. R Rumbos? I used to hear that one regularly on 31 meter shortwave. Easy to ID with their unique sounder between news stories, and I thought they were also 50kw. Just curious.

Last edited:
E

What about 670. R Rumbos? I used to hear that one regularly on 31 meter shortwave. Easy to ID with their unique sounder between news stories and I thought they were also 50kw. Just curious.

Not as good a signal. For a while, 100 kw Radio Visión on 950 was a good signal, too. And many of the coastal signals from Porlamar, Punto Fijo, Barcelona, Carúpano, etc. did very well in PR.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom